Buying Noctua NH-C14 (non-S) heatsink / cooler

I am seeking the original, non-s, variant of the NH-C14. Currently my Ncase M1 build has the S version, and the slight difference in height is limiting my fan options. I've considered other similar options, but in the end I would like to track down an original NH-C14.

Please include pictures of the unit, including the contact surface if possible.

Must include heatsink and all 4 fan mount clips. Would prefer to also get the original mounting hardware as well as both fans, but they are not required.

Abbie Doobie

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
I am still casually browsing for one at a decent price, but thanks to the prototype C-style cooler revealed by Noctua I'm willing to wait. The prototype will be just enough shorter to fit a full sized fan it sounds like.

GaggleOfMeese

Efficiency Noob
Jun 23, 2018
I am still casually browsing for one at a decent price, but thanks to the prototype C-style cooler revealed by Noctua I'm willing to wait. The prototype will be just enough shorter to fit a full sized fan it sounds like.

From the early specifications of the new C-style cooler, the height is 110mm which is 5mm taller than the original c14. The Ncase has a clearance of 130mm, but the 140mm fans are 25mm in height. The total height of the new cooler would be 135mm.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
135mm will fit with the fan bracket removed. Can't use the magnetic dust filter, though, and I can't guarantee the fan's proximity to the side panel ventilation holes won't result in some extra turbulence noise.

Abbie Doobie

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
135mm will fit with the fan bracket removed. Can't use the magnetic dust filter, though, and I can't guarantee the fan's proximity to the side panel ventilation holes won't result in some extra turbulence noise.
Thank you so much for the reply! Well back to plan A then! Unless I come across a steal of a deal, I'll wait it out. Hopefully turbulence can be curbed somewhat with a quality notcua fan running at low RPM. Time will tell!

Just to confirm, the 135mm of clearance will be the case with a ryzen setup right? I am unsure how much height (if any) is added with their PGA sockets vs LGA.