Noctua fans

msek

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 21, 2019
Hello,
Soon I will have my Ncase, and wanted to buy fans. Can someone tell me whats the difference between those fans? I couldn't find enough info and kinda I'm lost :/

I wanna buy two for bottom and one for side + 92mm for rear.

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
There are 3 models of the nf-a12x25, the PWM, the FLX and the ULN.

The PWM has a 4 pin connector, and can be speed controlled (based on temperatures, or other things). The FLX has a 3 pin connector and cannot be controlled, so it runs at the same speed all the time. The ULN is the same as the FLX, but it runs at a lower speed, making it quieter but with worse performance.

You probably want the nf-a12x25 PWM, depending on your motherboard. What motherboard do you have?

msek

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 21, 2019
There are 3 models of the nf-a12x25, the PWM, the FLX and the ULN.

The PWM has a 4 pin connector, and can be speed controlled (based on temperatures, or other things). The FLX has a 3 pin connector and cannot be controlled, so it runs at the same speed all the time. The ULN is the same as the FLX, but it runs at a lower speed, making it quieter but with worse performance.

You probably want the nf-a12x25 PWM, depending on your motherboard. What motherboard do you have?

Asus Rog Strix B450-I

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
But why? I wanna just find difference :)

EDIT

Ehh.. double posted. Thought it will merge them :/.

because they will spin very slowly, and there´s no point since you can control de rpm in the bios via PWM. So buy the regular versions with PWM

this one

The other one is very thin fan... I have it and I´m not a fan of than fan (oh my lol) it doesn´t move much air until it´s a bit on the loud side. if you have room, use this one.

Reactions: msek