NCase M1 v2 - Will Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 fit?

hshot_rooke

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Hey all, I'm rebuilding my NCase M1 v2 and currently have a 4790k with a C12.

Can anyone tell me if the Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 will fit on the side bracket? I have searched and someone said it would fit in the M1 v6, but I have a v2.

Not sure how different the v6 is to the v2, but if anyone has info, would appreciate knowing before buying the LT240. I'm planning on the LT240 in case I can get my hands on a Sidearm case later.

Lastly, can someone comment on my below build....specifically the Asus x570-i ITX mobo, which I know everyone is waiting for. I don't plan to overclock and have read tons on the x570-i, x470-i, b450-i. I know the differences, but just thought it would be easier to not have to flash the bios for the previous gen boards.

Case: NCase M1 v2
CPU: AMD 3800x (not overclocking)
MOBO: Asus x570-i
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
SSD: 500GB Samsung 960
HD: 1TB WD Blue
Cooling: Alphacool Eisbaer LT240
Video: Zotac Mini 1070ti
Fans: Will probably have 2 fans at the bottom and one fan at the back of the case

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The radiator and block/pump are no problem. The quick disconnect will be an annoyance to stuff in, but it should fit.

Reactions: hshot_rooke

Deekay

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 17, 2019
The radiator and block/pump are no problem. The quick disconnect will be an annoyance to stuff in, but it should fit.
Is there enough room to install an A9x25 fan in the back of the case after installing lt240 on v6?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is there enough room to install an A9x25 fan in the back of the case after installing lt240 on v6?
You have 307mm internally between the front and rear of the chassis. So that's the limit for whatever you want to fit.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
does someone here already have the Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 in his/her NCASE M1?

I'm planing to buy one too

ScVince

Efficiency Noob
Oct 5, 2019
I just finished my build today, using the LT240, replacing the fans to A12X25 and using the stock fans as the bottom intake. It will fit, but requires a lot of cable management and tube arrangement to fit comfortably. The quick fitting is a pain in the butt, yet by far this is the best AIO I have ever used. When using Noctua 92x15 as rear exhaust, stock fans from LT240 as bottom intake, a12x25 as side intake, I am able to hit 78 Celcius for CPU and 82 Celcius for GPU when stress testing with AIDA 64 fpu and furmark at the same time. 3700x oc @4.3 Ghz at 1.25v. GTX 1070 oc a little bit (+150 Mhz).

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
Can you post a picture from the installed CPU / pump unit? So i can see where you put the connectors and the orientation of the pump block

Last edited:

ScVince

Efficiency Noob
Oct 5, 2019
Can you post a picture from the installed CPU / pump unit? So i can see where you put the connectors and the orientation of the pump block
Tubes from the water block and the radiator both have to be on the left, away from the ram. Otherwise, you will not be able to cram all those tubes and tall fittings in the case. The PSU side prevents you from really fit the tubes on the opposite side. Using the ATX bracket will not solve the issue.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
i built my system 2 days ago ... was able to fit the tubing easily, but i installed the radiator with the tubing on the front/right side/in front of the PSU, and on the pump/cooler block i installed it on the back/left side/motherboard connectors.

i also installed one of Noctua low noise adapters on the pump connector, set my MB's pump header to 60% (thats the minimum) and now the pump is running at about 1400rpm