Cooling NH-L9i fan orientation

Pc_boy

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Feb 21, 2022
So I am working on a taku case that is very limited in airflow and I plan to use a NH-L9i cooler from what I can tell the fan on this cooler blows air into the heatsink and I was planning on flipping the fan around so it sucks air thru the heatsink and blow it out the case with the help of a duct. Any downside to this plan?

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
So I am working on a taku case that is very limited in airflow and I plan to use a NH-L9i cooler from what I can tell the fan on this cooler blows air into the heatsink and I was planning on flipping the fan around so it sucks air thru the heatsink and blow it out the case with the help of a duct. Any downside to this plan?
The downside would be that your CPU potentially gets fed warmer air from passing components such as your VRM, SSD, RAM before getting sucked through the heatsink, but if CPU temps are still within a safe range in this orientation, I'd say go for it. You will more effectively exhaust hot air from the case this way, ultimately leading to cooler temperatures on surrounding components.

Reactions: Revenant