Newbie NCase M1 build check & any tips welcome

anpanmant

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am new to PC building and this is my first PC build. Not sure if it's a great idea to go all-in with water-cool but I got some time in hand and really want to try this out. Long story short, here is the essential part list:

Let me know if there is any potential fitting problem or custom cabling that I should consider.

Thanks to inspirations from builds of breadmaker8, Looguh, and coolarj10.

Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

ASRock - Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard

G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card

Corsair - SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply

Noctua - NF-A9x14 29.72 CFM 92mm Fan]

Noctua - NF-A12x15 PWM 55.44 CFM 120mm Fan x2

NCase M1 (Glass Window)

Water-cooling parts

EK-Velocity RGB - Nickel + Plexi

EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)

EK-Vector RTX Backplate - Black

EK-Vector Strix RTX 2080 RGB - Nickel + Plexi

EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)

I have not finalized the tubing plan so I did not include all the Blitspower/Barrow fittings and accessories.

Tools I would need (please advise me if anything helpful is missing):

- Heat gun

- Silicon bending inserts for hard tubing (any recommendation 12mm tubes?)

- Pump for pre-flushing components

- Tube cutter

Thanks in advance! :)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Ditch the SE 240mm radiator, not a great radiator. Get a Hardware Labs Black Ice GTS 240. I have seen several builds with the SE 240 and no one was really happy with the results. You can also look up comparisons online and see how much better the HWLabs is.

Bottom mounted radiators with slim fans in the Ncase are mediocre at best, you are running some pretty hot components so expect fairly high temps.

anpanmant

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 12, 2019
Ditch the SE 240mm radiator, not a great radiator. Get a Hardware Labs Black Ice GTS 240. I have seen several builds with the SE 240 and no one was really happy with the results. You can also look up comparisons online and see how much better the HWLabs is.

Bottom mounted radiators with slim fans in the Ncase are mediocre at best, you are running some pretty hot components so expect fairly high temps.

I see. Thank you so much! Will definitely look into that.

It seems water cooling is not quite recommended for this case. I have looked into other air-cooling builds on the forum like Nanook's :)
I guess if I just purchase another NH-U9S, and two ther NH-A9 to build a air-cool one first? However, I ordered the glass window version. I wonder if you know if SFFLab sells the vent panel alone?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I see. Thank you so much! Will definitely look into that.

It seems water cooling is not quite recommended for this case. I have looked into other air-cooling builds on the forum like Nanook's :)
I guess if I just purchase another NH-U9S, and two ther NH-A9 to build a air-cool one first? However, I ordered the glass window version. I wonder if you know if SFFLab sells the vent panel alone?

They have both the vented side panel and fan bracket/filter listed in the parts section on SFFLab, but they are out of stock. Maybe @Wahaha360 could chime in with when they will become available.

anpanmant

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 12, 2019
They have both the vented side panel and fan bracket/filter listed in the parts section on SFFLab, but they are out of stock. Maybe @Wahaha360 could chime in with when they will become available.
Oh right, totally forgot to check that section. Well i think there is still a good 10~15 days until my case arrive. I will keep an eye.