News New SFF Build from Boxx Technologies: APEXX 1

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
5.9L is quite impressive.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, it's using one of those single-slot LP Quadro cards. The Lone Industries is 4.5L and can house the same hardware.

That liquid cooler is completely pointless, too. I'd argue that you can get the same thermals with good aircoolers. But I guess it helps with marketing. This could actually be that same liquid cooler corsair developed for the Bulldog.

The stacking feature is quite neat, tough, I'll give 'em that. And that's probably why a liquid cooler kind of makes sense in this scenario.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Really interesting unit. I like the CPU cooler, it's like a smaller version of the cooler in the Corsair Bulldog.

Sure is expensive though.

rawr

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2015
5.9L is quite impressive.

Oh nevermind, it's using one of those single-slot LP Quadro cards. The Lone Industries is 4.5L and can house the same hardware.

That liquid cooler is completely pointless, too. I'd argue that you can get the same thermals with good aircoolers. But I guess it helps with marketing. This could actually be that same liquid cooler corsair developed for the Bulldog.

The stacking feature is quite neat, tough, I'll give 'em that. And that's probably why a liquid cooler kind of makes sense in this scenario.
Ahh yes, this is completely pointless because a niche unobtainable custom case exists.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Ahh yes, this is completely pointless because a niche unobtainable custom case exists.

Didn't say the case was pointless, just said that it's by far not as impressive in terms of volume as they claim it to be because a smaller case with the same capabilities already exists.

What I thought was pointless is the liquid cooler because you don't get better performance with than if you used a Cryorig C1 (for example) but introduce a higher noise blower fan and multiple additional points of failure. But I afterwards revised that because it allows a closed side panel which they needed to allow the stacking to work.

From reading the specs, it sounded like they managed to cram a full-height GPU in there, but it turned out that was something I read into it.
I probably should've wrote "EDIT:" in front of the second line to make that clear.

rawr

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2015
The way you wrote that second paragraph makes you sound very sarcastic and imo like you're shit-talking them.

An "edit" would have definitely helped.