New revision of Ncase M1, when?

jagernaut

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 21, 2019
@Necere

I was wondering, is the LED for the power button easy to replace? I want to change the light from blue/white to amber/orange.

Would I be able to solder an LED with the same voltage as the one on the stock?

ncook06

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2017
Looks slick. I think I’ll upgrade to V6 when I have a motherboard with a type C header. Hopefully by then we’ll have a gray option, but I won’t hold my breath.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere

I was wondering, is the LED for the power button easy to replace? I want to change the light from blue/white to amber/orange.

Would I be able to solder an LED with the same voltage as the one on the stock?
The LED is completely integrated into the switch, so no, it's not something you could replace unfortunately.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I may have missed it - but will I be able to purchase the new front I/O switch to put in my V5?
There will be a limited supply of backward-compatible V6 front I/O kits (bracket, regular and blank faceplates, USB A and C ports, mic/headphone jack, power button, screws) available separately when production is complete (September).

Reactions: thefiend1 and Qrash

Maz

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2018
There will be a limited supply of backward-compatible V6 front I/O kits
To clarify the point, is that expected to be "limited, one run only" or "limited, but might be restocked in future runs"? (I fully understand if that's not a question that has an answer yet!)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
To clarify the point, is that expected to be "limited, one run only" or "limited, but might be restocked in future runs"? (I fully understand if that's not a question that has an answer yet!)
The latter, probably. It's to test the waters, essentially, to get an idea for what kind of demand there is for these parts. W360's also doesn't want to get stuck with unsold inventory.

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Gah, I keep missing out. SFF Labs keep sending me emails to say the stock has gone up but when I go to buy they are sold out again. @Necere, given that all of the cases are sold out and September 15th is still a way off, is there any chance of increasing this production run please?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
If Ncase M1 pre-orders were filled - can we expect production and shipments to start earlier?
No.

Gah, I keep missing out. SFF Labs keep sending me emails to say the stock has gone up but when I go to buy they are sold out again. @Necere, given that all of the cases are sold out and September 15th is still a way off, is there any chance of increasing this production run please?
It's already been increased, we just haven't opened up more preorder slots yet. W360 decided now was a good time to do some structural reorganization with SFFLab/NCASE for business reasons, which will delay the opening of the next round of preorders. This shouldn't affect the estimated September delivery time, though.

Reactions: Bounou and C3N0B1T3

tehmeh

Case Bender
Aug 8, 2019
No.

It's already been increased, we just haven't opened up more preorder slots yet. W360 decided now was a good time to do some structural reorganization with SFFLab/NCASE for business reasons, which will delay the opening of the next round of preorders. This shouldn't affect the estimated September delivery time, though.

With a new version, will we be able to buy parts? I'm specifically looking at the ODD brackets and the 3.5 cage to upgrade my V5. Will we be able to get on a waiting list for those pieces?

Reactions: NinoPecorino

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Hey guys, can someone confirm if the new hole design on the side panel on the V6 is the same on both the left and right sides? I know it seems like an obvious question, but all of the pictures of the V6 on the SFFLabs website are of the left (GPU \ MoBo) side and none of the right (PSU \ back of MoBo) side. I just wanted to make sure they were symmetrical.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
Hey guys, can someone confirm if the new hole design on the side panel on the V6 is the same on both the left and right sides? I know it seems like an obvious question, but all of the pictures of the V6 on the SFFLabs website are of the left (GPU \ MoBo) side and none of the right (PSU \ back of MoBo) side. I just wanted to make sure they were symmetrical.

That's correct, it will not. That card is right at the limit (140mm) and will have problems at the corners because of the chassis flanges, plus it doesn't leave any room whatsoever for the PCIe power connectors.

Yes, the sides are symmetrical.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3