New revision of Ncase M1, when?

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
The main thing I like about my Ghost is the lack of anything on the front. It looks so clean, and timeless. The front USB is not so bad, but the headphone jack ect looks really old IMO. I have USB ports in my keyboard and headphone stand as well as my monitor, as I'm sure most people do.

Saxxter

What's an ITX?
Jul 15, 2019
I’m itching to order one - would be perfect to see them go up for preorder tomorrow on my bday!?

After watching many reviews, I can’t wait to see what this does for a 3950x!

ikt

Chassis Packer
Nov 24, 2018
I don't get the point of USB-C on a desktop PC (yet),

I have a pixel 2 phone, can plug it directly in to charge or get files off but besides that don't see a lot of usb c stuff around which is weird, it's clearly better

Reactions: Qrash

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
I have a pixel 2 phone, can plug it directly in to charge or get files off but besides that don't see a lot of usb c stuff around which is weird, it's clearly better
I see a lot of people use this excuse, but my phone (like most) came with a USB-C to USB cable, which I can use to charge and transfer files at the same time. I'm also "directly" plugging it in this way. My desktop pc isn't 5mm thin, so it can accommodate a normal sturdy USB port. So that's why I pretty much don't get the hype. It's cool that USB-C is reversable, but that's it. (Having said that I'd rather have reversable USB ports)

Brock

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
I see a lot of people use this excuse, but my phone (like most) came with a USB-C to USB cable, which I can use to charge and transfer files at the same time. I'm also "directly" plugging it in this way. My desktop pc isn't 5mm thin, so it can accommodate a normal sturdy USB port. So that's why I pretty much don't get the hype. It's cool that USB-C is reversable, but that's it. (Having said that I'd rather have reversable USB ports)

Because it’s the future.

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
How did you turn on the system ? :) And that is safe, right ? I am also getting my all parts this week, should I give it a test run before the case ?

Just bridge the two pins labeled as power switch with a flathead, as long as u dont bridge anything else it's perfectly safe. All well known builders would recommend a test before installation, so that in the case that something goes wrong, you dont have to uninstall everything. You probably should place on an antistatic bag or something to be safe.

ncook06

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2017
Just bridge the two pins labeled as power switch with a flathead, as long as u dont bridge anything else it's perfectly safe. All well known builders would recommend a test before installation, so that in the case that something goes wrong, you dont have to uninstall everything. You probably should place on an antistatic bag or something to be safe.

Do NOT place on an antistatic bag as most of those are conductive on the outside. The motherboard box is usually the best way to go.

ncook06

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2017
@Necere I chopped up the bottom my V5 this weekend. I wanted my bottom rad in a different position (as far back and close to the open side as possible) and cut new holes to line up with the fans. Assuming we're past the point of changing anything on V6, maybe this makes for some brainstorming material for any future revisions.

The frame still doesn't flex at all, though I do need to be careful about grabbing by the bottom and messing up the rad.

One of my Gentle Typhoons failed, so I'm replacing all of my fans with Noctua NF-A12 (x25 on the side and x15 in the bottom). More pics of this build will go in its own thread when I'm done.

Reactions: CountNoctua

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
@Necere I chopped up the bottom my V5 this weekend. I wanted my bottom rad in a different position (as far back and close to the open side as possible) and cut new holes to line up with the fans. Assuming we're past the point of changing anything on V6, maybe this makes for some brainstorming material for any future revisions.

The frame still doesn't flex at all, though I do need to be careful about grabbing by the bottom and messing up the rad.

One of my Gentle Typhoons failed, so I'm replacing all of my fans with Noctua NF-A12 (x25 on the side and x15 in the bottom). More pics of this build will go in its own thread when I'm done.

Nice chop job. Mine has two fans on the bottom so I'm going to add some fan grills on the outside to protect my fingers (somewhat) from the cut edges and add a bit of extra rigidity (hopefully).

P.S. Nice GN Modmat!

ikt

Chassis Packer
Nov 24, 2018
I see a lot of people use this excuse, but my phone (like most) came with a USB-C to USB cable, which I can use to charge and transfer files at the same time.

You can charge and transfer files using usb-c at the same time as well? But why use an adapter when I don't need to?

I'm also "directly" plugging it in this way. My desktop pc isn't 5mm thin, so it can accommodate a normal sturdy USB port. So that's why I pretty much don't get the hype. It's cool that USB-C is reversable, but that's it. (Having said that I'd rather have reversable USB ports)

There's no hype on USB-C, it's just better.

- Reversible
- Faster
- Smaller
- What more do you want from a port?