New revision of Ncase M1, when?

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018
@Necere Are you going to give people warning in here before preorders start?

Do we have anything to worry about really? I mean the preorders will be up before the production run no?

@Necere How likely are you guys to actually sell on out on the production run before the first case ships?

I think it’s likely demand will be higher with all the new releases lately, I know I’m waiting for the case for a new build, im assuming most of the people replying in the thread are as well, really can’t wait another 2-3 months on top of the current wait

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I don't think you guys have to worry about it selling out quickly. That's probably the wrong thing to say for marketing purposes, but I've never been one to care about manipulating perception like that.

Usually, the amount of cases we order in one production run lasts us 3-4 months before selling out. I'm sure there's some pent-up demand, plus it's a new version so I expect to get an influx of orders initially, but I think we should still have more than enough available such that you won't have to worry about refreshing the website to try to get your order in or anything like that.

Diegonfx

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 13, 2019
@Necere I'm sorry to bother you, but I wanted to know if you ship worldwide, specifically to Argentina. I wouldn't mind an expensive shipping or long shipping times, but I really want one for my next build. Thank you!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere I'm sorry to bother you, but I wanted to know if you ship worldwide, specifically to Argentina. I wouldn't mind an expensive shipping or long shipping times, but I really want one for my next build. Thank you!
SFFLab ships worldwide, yes.

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018
I don't think you guys have to worry about it selling out quickly. That's probably the wrong thing to say for marketing purposes, but I've never been one to care about manipulating perception like that.

Usually, the amount of cases we order in one production run lasts us 3-4 months before selling out. I'm sure there's some pent-up demand, plus it's a new version so I expect to get an influx of orders initially, but I think we should still have more than enough available such that you won't have to worry about refreshing the website to try to get your order in or anything like that.

Im curious, how much are getting affected by the tariffs?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Im curious, how much are getting affected by the tariffs?
I don't believe it affects us at all. The M1 is made in Taiwan, for one thing, not mainland China. We also ship from Taiwan directly to customers, rather than importing to sell domestically.

Last edited:

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Hey Necere, should I wait for the gray version, or is it unlikely this will happen this year? Also, will the no front I/O be an option from the get go, or will I need to buy one and then get the no I/O front panel as a separate part later to fit?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey Necere, should I wait for the gray version, or is it unlikely this will happen this year?
Probably not happening this year, maybe not at all.

Also, will the no front I/O be an option from the get go, or will I need to buy one and then get the no I/O front panel as a separate part later to fit?
So the front I/O bracket looks like this:

I designed it to have an easily swappable faceplate so you can change between full front I/O or power button only. The plan right now is to include front I/O by default, as well as both faceplates so you can run with or without the ports.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015

I designed it to have an easily swappable faceplate so you can change between full front I/O or power button only. The plan right now is to include front I/O by default, as well as both faceplates so you can run with or without the ports.

The front-most screws are covered by the front panel, right? I had to pop my V4's front panel off to check, but it has no screws beside the USB and audio ports.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Of course. I'm not going to have some unsightly screws blemishing the front of the case :p

Of course, I had to ask ;) . Thanks again for all your efforts. I really appreciate you posting these technical drawings.

DerJonny

Efficiency Noob
Feb 5, 2019
Hi i did read that if i will order a Ncase M1 rev. 6 with a TG sidepanel it will not shipped together is that correct ? i am asking because of the additional shipping price

Brock

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
That’s slick! Power button only for me.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
I don't get the point of USB-C on a desktop PC (yet), but I guess the front I/O looks good regardless. And the no I/O version makes for a nice swap if I ever decide I'm not using the ports for anything besides plugging in a single flashdrive once a month.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3