New revision of Ncase M1, when?

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Do you know what final pricing will be? I doubt it is still $200 since you are including the I/O with the first batch correct?

Also, in for specs and renders with feet. Can't wait to preorder when availability opens up.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Do you know what final pricing will be? I doubt it is still $200 since you are including the I/O with the first batch correct?

Also, in for specs and renders with feet. Can't wait to preorder when availability opens up.
Price is still TBD.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Just as soon as we have a production schedule and a preorder page up. So next week or the following, probably.

The TG side panel for M1 V6:
  • Should be available when V6 launches.
  • Will be sold and shipped separately from the case.
  • Won't be an NCASE-branded product.
That's as much as w360 has told me.

Thanks for the information. I'm very excited to see the renders.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Ah that sucks on the no grey option.

Yeah I was really hoping for the gray as well. I'd probably have preferred a darker gray too, although not having seen them tough to tell I guess. Does kinda suck, but I get there's a timeline that is being stretched and if production will take longer than expected to get started up after final submission it makes sense to get things moving and roll forward.

@Necere is gray still a possibility and/or likely on a later production run like 6 months/12months/etc. from now? I'm sure we all seem demanding and impossible to please, so thank you for your patience and taking the time to answer all our questions.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019

Why should it be higher? The previous versions included the I/O too

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah I was really hoping for the gray as well. I'd probably have preferred a darker gray too, although not having seen them tough to tell I guess. Does kinda suck, but I get there's a timeline that is being stretched and if production will take longer than expected to get started up after final submission it makes sense to get things moving and roll forward.

@Necere is gray still a possibility and/or likely on a later production run like 6 months/12months/etc. from now? I'm sure we all seem demanding and impossible to please, so thank you for your patience and taking the time to answer all our questions.
Grey is tricky because it often has a slight tint. The darker grey sample we got, for example, has a slight greenish tint that's visible under some lighting, which is what w360 didn't like.

Why should it be higher? The previous versions included the I/O too
The inclusion of Type C may increase the price.

Who/what is w360? Lol.
Wahaha360, who handles the business/logistics side of NCASE. Also runs SFFLab and has a few other projects around the forum.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Guys, I think a price increase is totally legitimate now. V6 is a rather major update, much more than previous iterations. It is important that developers can maintain the same (or more) profit, in order to keep this project alive, which is for the benefit of us all.
Keep the good work!

Brock

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
Grey is tricky because it often has a slight tint. The darker grey sample we got, for example, has a slight greenish tint that's visible under some lighting, which is what w360 didn't like.

The inclusion of Type C may increase the price.

Wahaha360, who handles the business/logistics side of NCASE. Also runs SFFLab and has a few other projects around the forum.

Copy that. Sweet deal. Thank you.

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
Guys, I think a price increase is totally legitimate now. V6 is a rather major update, much more than previous iterations. It is important that developers can maintain the same (or more) profit, in order to keep this project alive, which is for the benefit of us all.
Keep the good work!
I'm not sure. Keeping the price fixed looks better for people who have been planning a build for weeks/months. The manufacturing costs shouldn't be noticably higher unless LL f*cks them over. Producing a new version is mostly R&D, which every version requires. Keeping the price competitive with other SFF cases might be a better tactic than trying to markup as high as possible. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Alessio.B87

SuperShires

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
I'm not sure. Keeping the price fixed looks better for people who have been planning a build for weeks/months. The manufacturing costs shouldn't be noticably higher unless LL f*cks them over. Producing a new version is mostly R&D, which every version requires. Keeping the price competitive with other SFF cases might be a better tactic than trying to markup as high as possible. Just my thoughts.
I mean if you're willing to drop $200 or so on a niche case then you would probably afford to spend a little bit more if the new iteration is more feature-packed.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
I mean if you're willing to drop $200 or so on a niche case then you would probably afford to spend a little bit more if the new iteration is more feature-packed.
Maybe not all of us are willing to drop 200$ (plus shipping, plus border duties) on a case, I for example need a small light case to travel and big companies don't offer anything worth it, so I'm forced to buy a boutique case. To be able to buy this case I needed to lower my budget in other components and that is not great.
That said, I love the quality of this kind of cases and I know you get what you pay for but this doesn't change how already expensive it is for some people.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Guys, if the price goes up it's because our cost is higher, not because we're increasing the profit margin. We don't know yet if it will be going up, let alone how much. Now that everything is finalized, i just have to submit the last set of fixes and we should have a quote from LL within the week.

I've actually made some efforts to reduce costs by simplifying the design of a few parts, but that may be offset by additions like the Type C port and a couple other items. Also I believe the cost of anodizing may be increasing due to new regulations that have come into effect.

We recognize the importance of keeping the price under the $200 mark, so that's what we're hoping for. But we won't know if that's feasible until we get a new cost quote.

zooroo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2019
Necere I think its a bit immature to get angry at you for raising prices even if it is to increase your profit margin. For crying out loud man you spent loads of your time and man hours on this

Reactions: ikt and ncook06

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
Guys, if the price goes up it's because our cost is higher, not because we're increasing the profit margin. We don't know yet if it will be going up, let alone how much. Now that everything is finalized, i just have to submit the last set of fixes and we should have a quote from LL within the week.

I've actually made some efforts to reduce costs by simplifying the design of a few parts, but that may be offset by additions like the Type C port and a couple other items. Also I believe the cost of anodizing may be increasing due to new regulations that have come into effect.

We recognize the importance of keeping the price under the $200 mark, so that's what we're hoping for. But we won't know if that's feasible until we get a new cost quote.
BTW I didn't want to sound like you're trying to markup as high as possible, lol. That came out a bit differently than I meant. We of course have no doubts that you and the team will try to keep everything affordable and we also know that you're dependent on Lian Li. If anything, we should trust you more than any large case manufacturer.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah I didn't interpret any comments as anger, I just wanted to head off any speculation about motivations behind a price increase (or that there will even be one). Just know that we're doing what we can to avoid increasing the price more than absolutely necessary.