New revision of Ncase M1, when?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Should have it by the end of the week. Will evaluate over the weekend, and if everything looks good we can give LL the go-ahead next week.

Will the V6 also be shippable to the U.K.? If so, what are the expected shipping costs and delivery times?
Don't know the cost offhand, but shipping time is pretty similar to other destinations (<2 weeks usually). Customs can take a little longer to get through and do note you'll need to pay import duty in the UK.

egementncr

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
Hi folks,
I wonder did I miss pre ordering the new v6 ? If not, when will it be approx. ? or will it even happen ?
Besides, will there be any stock problem when it releases? I don't want to miss to order. Waiting with the components to build my first sff :)
Cheers,

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Hi folks,
I wonder did I miss pre ordering the new v6 ? If not, when will it be approx. ? or will it even happen ?
Besides, will there be any stock problem when it releases? I don't want to miss to order. Waiting with the components to build my first sff :)
Cheers,
At least read the last page or two. Preorders have not started yet. Expected to start in late July to early August time frame.

Reactions: egementncr and gMit

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Update: got the latest prototype, looks good save a couple of minor issues. Upside is the fixes are minor and I shouldn't need to order another prototype, which means we can put in a production order next week.

On the downside, production looks like it's going to take ~6 weeks, which is a little longer than I was expecting. That puts V6 shipping towards the end of August, assuming we order next week.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Thank you for your hard work @Necere! We will wait what there is to wait, no problem.
Can you finally give us a list of changes and hopefully a full render of the case?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is gray color happening?
Doesn't look like it, unfortunately. At least not for the upcoming production run. I got samples of two different grey finishes - a lighter and a darker. I preferred the darker, but I sent it to w360 and he didn't like it. So it seems for now we'll be sticking with black and silver.

Thank you for your hard work @Necere! We will wait what there is to wait, no problem.
Can you finally give us a list of changes and hopefully a full render of the case?
Yes, that will be coming.

@Necere, so the first production run of V6 is the one without front panel I/O?
Given the 6 week production schedule, we may just go ahead and skip the no-I/O version. I've already designed the bracket with the swappable faceplate for no-I/O, so that will still be included for people who want to ditch the front ports. But I don't think we'll be shipping a separate SKU that doesn't include the cables at all.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Doesn't look like it, unfortunately. At least not for the upcoming production run. I got samples of two different grey finishes - a lighter and a darker. I preferred the darker, but I sent it to w360 and he didn't like it. So it seems for now we'll be sticking with black and silver.

Yes, that will be coming.

Given the 6 week production schedule, we may just go ahead and skip the no-I/O version. I've already designed the bracket with the swappable faceplate for no-I/O, so that will still be included for people who want to ditch the front ports. But I don't think we'll be shipping a separate SKU that doesn't include the cables at all.
Thank you! Sorry I forgot to ask before, what did you and w360 decide for the Glass Panel?

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018
Update: got the latest prototype, looks good save a couple of minor issues. Upside is the fixes are minor and I shouldn't need to order another prototype, which means we can put in a production order next week.

On the downside, production looks like it's going to take ~6 weeks, which is a little longer than I was expecting. That puts V6 shipping towards the end of August, assuming we order next week.

Any idea when you will have preorders up? Want to get my order in ASAP

Reactions: egementncr

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Any idea when you will have preorders up? Want to get my order in ASAP
Just as soon as we have a production schedule and a preorder page up. So next week or the following, probably.

Thank you! Sorry I forgot to ask before, what did you and w360 decide for the Glass Panel?
Any word on the tempered glass panel?
The TG side panel for M1 V6:
  • Should be available when V6 launches.
  • Will be sold and shipped separately from the case.
  • Won't be an NCASE-branded product.
That's as much as w360 has told me.

Reactions: ikt and M1AF