Log New plaything build based on eBay ITX find: Casetronics C137

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Why not get a slim black disc drive for dirt cheap? Can even be a broken one. Then saw off everything but the front to give it a faux disc drive look :)

Reactions: princess_daphie

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Why not get a slim black disc drive for dirt cheap? Can even be a broken one. Then saw off everything but the front to give it a faux disc drive look :)
I have been thinking of that, lol, but since I've removed the sticker and left it gaping, I've had better internal temps, so I'm egging towards putting some mesh instead!

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
I managed to install some left-over fan filters I had from behind the front panel and it's looking good I think!

Without the front plate:

Added filters! I used 2 pieces for the large opening since I didn't have a single leftover piece long enough XD:

Final look:

Tell me what you think! Crazy that temps have been tolerable, have been using this build for a while, played Fortnite for a few hours today. Pulls in 200w from the wall.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Looks awesome!
thanks! feels like it was the finishing touch this build needed to be "viable", haha! feels complete now. i could tweak the parts in it, but i don't feel like i need to mod the case any further.

If I was more of a tinkerer, or anyone else who's more of an enthusiast, haha, I guess someone could use the bottom-left opening for maybe an LED meter for temperature or something, just for kicks, and the larger top-right opening for USB ports maybe?! Would require a 3D printer though, as always.

Reactions: rfarmer