Enclosure Interesting case find on Ebay today and not sure if we have seen it on the forum before.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Found this while digging around on Ebay for random SFF stuff.

Other than it having maybe 3 different aesthetics and that power button dead center on the face...the black version seems decent.
Personally I would be more likely to take a flyer on one for giggles if it was $15 or so cheaper. Priced at $99.98 shipped isn't too hateful considering what we are willing to pay for other boutique SFF chassis.

Thoughts?

678 Custom Micro Mini ITX Computer Case

Reactions: wesbl

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I actually saw that before and found it to be a really interesting design, but like you said that power button location is hideous. I would probably give it a try if it was $50 - $75 but $99 does seem a bit steep.

Reactions: TheHig

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
Found this while digging around on Ebay for random SFF stuff.

Other than it having maybe 3 different aesthetics and that power button dead center on the face...the black version seems decent.
Personally I would be more likely to take a flyer on one for giggles if it was $15 or so cheaper. Priced at $99.98 shipped isn't too hateful considering what we are willing to pay for other boutique SFF chassis.

Thoughts?

678 Custom Micro Mini ITX Computer Case
Well I will be the test case. Ordered 678 case should be here next Thursday. Will advise. Has similar dimensions and shape & power supply location to the Lazer LZ7 case that is much more elegant but over $200.

Reactions: TheHig and ignsvn

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
Well I will be the test case. Ordered 678 case should be here next Thursday. Will advise. Has similar dimensions and shape & power supply location to the Lazer LZ7 case that is much more elegant but over $200.
Well the 678 case came in today. Very small, solid & simple. The front panel could stop a bullet. Case fits together well with even gaps between the sides just as in the website photos. No front IO. Build seems to be somewhere between industrial strength & mil-spec. Very clever top plate design with cutout for PSU fan that I won't take advantage of as I am going with the fanless Silverstone PSU. Maybe he should offer it in a parkerized finish - the olive drab finish used on military products. Now if I can just get my motherboad/CPU to post I could put it together.

Reactions: TheHig and tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Well the 678 case came in today. Very small, solid & simple. The front panel could stop a bullet. Case fits together well with even gaps between the sides just as in the website photos. No front IO. Build seems to be somewhere between industrial strength & mil-spec. Very clever top plate design with cutout for PSU fan that I won't take advantage of as I am going with the fanless Silverstone PSU. Maybe he should offer it in a parkerized finish - the olive drab finish used on military products. Now if I can just get my motherboad/CPU to post I could put it together.
You know it...As the idiom goes, ''It did not happen until you post some pics.'' ?

Reactions: rfarmer