New Corsair SF600 Platinum Cables May Not Be Compatible with Asetek AIO

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
After wrestling with the PSU and cables on the new SF600 Platinum for almost 4 hours last night, it occurred to me that the newer sleeving on the cabling makes the individual cables too thick to mount with the 92mm aio. I thought I could simply order replacement cables for the unit on Corsairs website, but unfortunately, the only ones available are the newer thicker cables.

I ended up buying the cheaper SF450 Gold model last night so I can use those cables for the build. It's frustrating to be sure, but I wanted to let anyone thinking about doing the same build to not run into the same issue.

I'll update this after the new cables come in.

Reactions: Nanook

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
You could have just ordered cables from cable mod. Would fit better with custom lengths at a bit of a premium but I think they are worth it.

Edit: I too hate both types of Corsair’s cables for their sfx units.

Edit 2: pslatecustoms on Etsy also has a great reputation for dan and ncase specificcables in those cases but there usually is a wait list.

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
I looked at cablemods options and overall it was cheaper to just buy a sf450, plus now I can sell the braided cables with the SF450 and unless whoever is buying it is doing the exact same build, they'll probably be happy getting upgraded cables. Thanks for the options though, I'll try pslatecustoms for sure. Always up to support the little guys!

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Yeah I saw that you had already purchased it but other readers may have the same problem and not know those options.

They are more expensive, but with shorter custom cables, it is much easier to cram everything in these sff cases.

Reactions: Killinger

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
They're compatible. I've had a build using the SF600 Platinum and the Asetek 545LC up and running for a few weeks now (I was that lucky guy who snagged an SF600 early).

It was my first build so I don't have anything to compare it to, but at least to me, it was a royal pain to get right. After my first few tries went horribly wrong, I finally started consulting build logs here on the forum and elsewhere. Eventually, I was able to dig up enough pictures of builds using sleeved cables with the 545LC that I was able to piece together how the cables needed to be run. Once I rearranged things to match what I was seeing in the pictures, it all eventually started fitting, though it took several more hours and a lot of patience as I had to make sure I did things carefully each step of the way. Getting things perfectly flat and tidy mattered a lot more than I expected.

I'd post pictures of mine, but I closed it up without bothering to take pictures of the complete setup, so I've got nothing to show. What I can say, however, is that it really is tight. When I got things right, there was just barely enough space to see light across the entire length of the gap between the fan and the PSU.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
The 'new' cables of the Platinum SF600 are the same as the "individually sleeved cables" from Corsair.

It's a tight fit, but in the end there really wasn't any issue fitting it all in. (DAN A4-SFX v2, Asetek 545LC, Corsair SF600, Individually sleeved cables)

pro-tip: warmer cables are a lot les stiff than colder cables - let them heat up a bit on a central heating radiator.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Can confirm I’ve used Corsair’s own sleeved cables and made them fit with the 545LC. Even managed to fit the side panel on. I routed them exactly like Sldr did in his pictures above.

That said, I only managed it once and after taking the side panel off and switching motherboard/CPU, I never managed to replicate it.