Need some advice for my first SFF :)

kmao

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 10, 2020
Hey SFF community!

I've started playing looking into sffs in the last couple of weeks and have narrowed it down to picking up a sliver DAN A4. I like the S1 design, but I don't need it so big (and you can't fit an aio in it without using top-hats), and if I go with an M1, I'd force myself to go apogee drive 2 with 2 rads, and don't really want to deal with it now.

I haven't found any info on the aseteck 645l with my setup, just would like a quick sanity check before I finish off the build with some parts.

CPU: 9700k/9900k - I'm not sure if I can run a 9900k at stock here, I won't be doing any heavy editing or anything, mostly office work on mac and gaming on windows. Will the asetek be able to handle it? I care about silence over temps however, and would really want it to be as quiet as possible idle, when at load, I don't really mind.
CPU Cooler: Asetek 645lt + nf-a9x14, seems to be the best cooler for this case so it seemed like a no-brainer. Already bought.
Mobo: Z390i Astrock Phantom Gaming - Works well with hackintoshi, dual m.2s, good vrams, wifi card can be replaced easily (for hackintoshi).
Ram: LPX 2x16GB Corsair LPX @ 3200mhz ram.
PSU: SF600 Gold, already bought. Is it worth it to buy another PSU, cause I've seen people have a super hard time fitting the asetek in with regular SF cables.
GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 Xt - Need AMD for hackintoshi, seems fit in the A4 and have good cooling from opt tech video.
Storage: Dual 1TB NVME's, would keep a 2.5inch but too much hassle with cabling lol.
Case: Sliver DAN A4, ofc :)

PS: Could I fit another nf-a9x14 under the mobo?

Not sure if all of these parts will work okay, I'm just concerned about the noise of the system on idle, and if the CPU cooler can manage the 9900k while playing titles like OW/CS/APEX.