Help With My First SFF Build

HAshfaq786

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 21, 2019
Hi All,

I was hoping I could gain some advice off you guys. I'm currently looking to build my first SFF build. After going through the forum and looking at all the options I've finally settled on the DAN-A4-SFX. The main purpose of the build is to take with me on the road due to the nature of my work. The PC is strictly being built for 1080P 144Hz gaming only. Please see below for the specs I've decided on:

Intel Core i5-9600K/i7-9700K
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus (250GB)/2TB SSD
Gigabyte RTX2060S Gaming OC
Corsair SFX600W/Custom Cables (PSlatecustoms)
Asetek 645LT/Noctua NH-L9i
NF-A9x14 PWM

1) I'm pretty sure the specs I have chosen would be more than adequate for high refresh rate 1080P gaming I'm aiming for. If not could you please advise on what I should change.
2) I have been torn between the whole AMD/Intel situation and landed on Intel but I'm open to anyone suggesting I should go the AMD route and why? I currently have an Intel build so more comfortable overclocking them etc.
3) Not sure if I should go air cooled or water cooled for the system. I'm open to either but would love some advice from yourselves on which is more beneficial for my setup in the long run as I will be upgrading to the 10th Gen CPU's later this year.
4) Intake/Exhaust - This is for the fan under the motherboard and I guess for the radiator as well.

Any advice and help on the above is really appreciated.