Need help selecting a suitable PSU for custom SFF ITX Case

P2theG1

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
I am currently in the process of designing a Mini Itx case and I am in need of advice as to how I should power the rig, I'm intending to use a R7 1700 and a GTX 1080ti and going off rough calculations I'll need around a 500Watt Peak PSU, I have seen a post on G-Unique Power supplies but I am confused as to how they (and similar 24Pin Pico like PSU) work, what components are needed in order to set it all up properly? I have currently designed the case around the use of a G-Unique 500 Watt Peak output PSU but wanted to know if I need to have space for anything else or whether I can just have a power input jack soldered to the PSU for me and then use an external Laptop Power Brick, So it would work like this: Power from Wall- laptop Power brick- power input jack (Whatever connector the Laptop cable uses) - G-Unique Pico Style 24Pin 500Watt PSU- Motherboard

Is thus correct or will I need an additional component, if so where have I gone wrong, what will I need and how big will it be in mm? (The size of the additional components if required)

P2theG1

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
T
Here is what one looks like: http://i.imgur.com/G3tmUlo.jpg

not pictured is the modified dell brick bringing power from the wall to the device which then brings power to everything that is labeled.

Thanks so much, this is what I've been looking for, and as typing this I've just found a picture of the Arch Daemon Limited Edition version, so based on what you have depicted above I don't need any additional converter boards as it's all done with the G-Unique unit and the modified power brick, my concern was that I needed some sort of additional converter board/device between the power brick and the G-Unique unit, many thanks again, at least I now know that I have no need to redesign my custom case to support additional parts :)