Need help finding control board [Solved]

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
Hello all. I just took apart my dead macbook pro A1286. My plan is to use the monitor as a secondary to my desktop (although I might make it mobile). Problem is I cant find the control board anywhere, which make me think that I don't have the right model (or I suck at looking things up). The model that I'm reading is LTN154MT07S8L. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
So I looked it up and I gave the most generic non-helpful model number ever. Here's the actual one. MC372LL/A

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
How sure are you that the control board for the replacement screen will work for the original?

It's just that I'm not make $1,000,000 a day so I really don't want to buy an unneeded control board

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
what model year is your mac?
I'm having trouble sorting through my results I find for A1286, I keep seeing a range of years.
Do you have the laptop apart yet?
If you do you should be able to find a serial number on the LCD panel itself.
if it's LP154WP3-TLA3 I'm 98% sure.

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
That number isn't on the panel

I have
LTN154MT07S8L VO. 7_HF
E03039J90C0462
LTN154MT07
LJ96-05315A
RA04034T242811017
LTN154MTO7-G01

So it would make sense if it was LTN154MT07, but there arent any matches for that [that i've found]

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
If you put LTN154MT07 into an ebay search you find this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-DVI-VG...492377?hash=item5d6884cd99:g:K5YAAOSwgmJX0njH

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
I didn't see that, but thank you. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple to no avail and then walked into the store to have them tell me they have no part/model number... like what, that make absolutely zero sense.

Anyways: I needed this win, so thank you

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
and I understand that, but I was only asking for a model number for one part. I'm not surprised that they didn't give it to me, I'm more surprised that they said they didn't have a part/model number.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Look at it from their perspective: they want to sell you a new one and possibly refurbish the one you might trade in rather than help you repair it yourself. There's no money in it for them when you fix it, so why have that information available to low-level staff?!

Reactions: VegetableStu

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
Look at it from their perspective: they want to sell you a new one and possibly refurbish the one you might trade in rather than help you repair it yourself. There's no money in it for them when you fix it, so why have that information available to low-level staff?!
You are absolutely right, it was just frustrating. The thing is I've really only run into this with Apple. I was also kinda surprised as to how long it took for someone to kinda understand what I wanted to do.

It's a Samsung monitor, so I thought maybe they would have the info. So I called and the guy understood what I was trying to do in a minute of explanation. Unfortunately he didn't have the info but it was night and day as to the general base knowledge of the two companies. Also the Samsung guy WANTED to help.