NCase V6.1 Best airflow setup?

psykix

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 2, 2020
I'm going to move my build into the NCase M1 when it arrives.

I have a 240mm AIO and a Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming.

I was going to replace the fans on the Corsair H100i RGB Platinum with Noctua fans. And add 2 extra Noctua fans at the bottom below the GPU.

Motherboard is Asus Crosshair Impact VIII Mini-DTX

My questions :-

Will 4 x Noctua 120mm x 25mm NF-F12 PWM Chromax Black fans be suitable for the job?

What will be the best configuration? Intake or exhaust on the bottom & AIO radiator?

Thanks!

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
If you still use your GPU stock cooler and fans then the bottom fans need to be intake to feed that. For the radiator I’d say intake again since it will definitely be much quieter and only minimal difference in temps

Reactions: psykix

Eradicator

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 23, 2019
Has anyone tried the NF-A12 vs the F12 or P12 redux 1700 PWM in the v6 or 6.1? With the modified side panel perforations as compared to v5 I'm wondering how it affects airflow and where the fans end up running on the p/q curve.

Last edited:
Reactions: botlebruiser

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Has anyone tried the NF-A12 vs the F12 or P12 redux 1700 PWM in the v6 or 6.1? With the modified side panel perforations as compared to v5 I'm wondering how it affects airflow and where the fans end up running on the p/q curve.
I don't know the v5, but from what I have read and personal experience with the v6.0, the extra ventilation modifications help A LOT.
I went from on-the-mobo-cardbox to the ncase and only saw a rise of max 10% in fan speed for the same temps on my strix rx 5700xt. Stock on 45-50% fan speed for 69 degrees and with undervolt on a barely audible 35-40% fan speed on 69 degrees celcius. I call that insane ventilation :)

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Just watched the optimum tech video and that seems to be the set up he uses, both aio and bottom as intake.

Is there no need to use the NF-A9 as an exhaust at rear?