Ncase M1 with Raijintek Morpheus 2?

18inch

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

New here and im in the process of making a new build, ive always had big cases with ATX boards, etc, but this time around, with so many great choices of components in small form factor, its really tough to justify going with ATX board... hardest part was getting a small case that actually feels small, it looks like all the big companie's mITX case are still big for some reason , mind aswell go mATX...but after lots of research, i stumbled on the pretty dope M1 case and the smaller Louque Ghost but the Louque wont fit what i need so the M1 seems like the prefect mixture of tiny but yet spacious.

Also, I have never been a fan of any onboard gpu cooling solution, unless new gpus have good thermal/noise solution (doubt it), i will most probably switch the heatsink, so....

i am wondering if theres enough space to have a GPU with the morpheus 2 heatsink AND 2 full sized 120mm aswell ?

thx

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
It will fit, but only with 15mm thick fans. A user over at [H]ard installed one with the new Noctua NF-A12x15 fans and he is getting very good results.

The Arctic Accelero Xtreme III will fit with 25mm fans, there are many who have this setup and get extremely good results.

graaaf

Cable Smoosher
Jun 14, 2017
If you're interested in an aftermarket GPU cooler for the M1 that will accommodate full size 120mm fans, the Arctic Accelero Xtreme III is a great option.

18inch

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
thx for the replies! thats actually perfect, i alrdy have an accelero xtreme 3 so i guess ill hold on to it! im guessing its either using the fan on it alrdy without any other fan or remove the artic fans and use 2 120mm?

i have another question, ive seen some pics where people put 3.5" hdd on the front panel on the inside of the case, and even 2 3.5" (on top of each other) is this a diy thing ? that would be great to have some hdd room without having the hdd cage

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
thx for the replies! thats actually perfect, i alrdy have an accelero xtreme 3 so i guess ill hold on to it! im guessing its either using the fan on it alrdy without any other fan or remove the artic fans and use 2 120mm?

For best results remove the stock Accelero fans and use 2x120mm fans on the bottom of the case as exhaust.

i have another question, ive seen some pics where people put 3.5" HDD on the front panel on the inside of the case, and even 2 3.5" (on top of each other) is this a diy thing ? that would be great to have some hdd room without having the hdd cage

I'm afraid a 3.5" HDD doesn't fit in the front, only 2.5". And stacking 2x3.5" is totally out of the question. If you do need to use that front space for a mechanical HDD, then i suggest to look for a 2.5" one (ideally go for an ssd of course)

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Has anyone actually tested the accelero ii with 25mm fans vs the morpheus 2 with 15mm fans?

I feel like the morpheus would give better temps with its bigger heatsink but the accelero would be more quiet with having 25mm fans.

graaaf

Cable Smoosher
Jun 14, 2017
Has anyone actually tested the accelero ii with 25mm fans vs the morpheus 2 with 15mm fans?

I feel like the morpheus would give better temps with its bigger heatsink but the accelero would be more quiet with having 25mm fans.

I have the Accelero III paired with a couple Noctua NF-F12s on a 1080 in my M1, and my GPU never gets above 65C when gaming. Note, this is with my tempered glass side panel (self mod) installed. I can't speak to the performance of the Morpheus with two low-profile 120mm fans installed, but the video below does a wonderful job of comparing the cooling performance of the Morpheus against the stock EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 cooler.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I have the Accelero III paired with a couple Noctua NF-F12s on a 1080 in my M1, and my GPU never gets above 65C when gaming. Note, this is with my tempered glass side panel (self mod) installed. I can't speak to the performance of the Morpheus with two low-profile 120mm fans installed, but the video below does a wonderful job of comparing the cooling performance of the Morpheus against the stock EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 cooler.

I have seen that video, which is where I first learned about the morpheus. I was able to find one other review of it against the accelero IV which is very similar to the iii and in those test the IV beat the morpheus in sound and temp by a couple degrees. Makes me think the accelero iii will beat the morpheus, or at the least tie it.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I'm using the Morpheus II with the 15mm Noctuas because I've got a Vega card. Dead silent! The blower on the Vega was way louder than I could handle, and I was fine with the blower on my old 780 GTX. My Silverstone 650W PSU is my loudest component but still very acceptable noise.

Still trying to figure out the best way to tweak my Vega card. So many software options...

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
I'm using the Morpheus II with the 15mm Noctuas because I've got a Vega card. Dead silent! The blower on the Vega was way louder than I could handle, and I was fine with the blower on my old 780 GTX. My Silverstone 650W PSU is my loudest component but still very acceptable noise.

Still trying to figure out the best way to tweak my Vega card. So many software options...

How did you mount the 15mm fans? It looks like it has fan clips meant for 25mm fans, assuming you bent them to fit?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
How did you mount the 15mm fans? It looks like it has fan clips meant for 25mm fans, assuming you bent them to fit?

The 15mm fans are mounted directly to the case, not to the cooler. They are mounted to the case using the rubber mounts supplied with the fans.

Reactions: rcodi

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
EDIT - On further searching, I found another post that has pics of the below rig...!

Still interested in temp results though...!

I'm using the Morpheus II with the 15mm Noctuas because I've got a Vega card. Dead silent!

Would love to see some pics of the build & temps of the CPU / GPU while under stress testing... Also, if you could go over how you have your fans set up...? Also, which Vega 56, and any idea what the thickness on the thermal pads used in the Vega...? If I am going to replace the heat sink, then the new TIM & thermal pads are going to be from Thermal Grizzly (Kryonaut TIM & minus8 thermal pads)...!

The 15mm fans are mounted directly to the case, not to the cooler. They are mounted to the case using the rubber mounts supplied with the fans.

Newegg has the Morpheus II units back in stock...! If you look at the link for the Vega Edition (changes to the cold plate to help with the hotspots), it lists two sets of fan clips, one set for regular 120mm fans & one set for slim 120mm fans...!

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Oh wow didn't know there was a Vega edition. I'm uisng a reference vega56. Just used generic thermal paste and the double sided thermal pads that came with the cooler for the supplemental heat sinks. Slim 120mm noctuas set to exhaust. I have a top down CPU cooler with the 140mm fan set to intake.