Log NCase M1 V6 | Ryzen 3600X | 1080TI | Air Cooled

fleischverpackung

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
Hi all,

Finally, I found some time to install the Accelero in my build from last lear. Although the EVGA 1080 TI SC2 has quite a good cooler, I am down from 78° to 53° max in Furmark, which is really nice. Two 120mm fans as bottom intake, controlled by chipset temperature, running at 1400rpm max.

As for the CPU the Ryzen - is a hot beast. WTF I opted for the Noctua NH-U9S + SFX power supply because I need hard drives in my case. Configurated as back intake and front side exhaust with stock settings temps were around 85° with Cinebench. The only solution I found was to downclock and undervolt the CPU. All cores on 4.200 Mhz @ 1.1875V works for me. Stable in Cinebench @ 73°, Prime95 @ 62°.

If you say buh! more boost! I will tell you to go buy a f*ing intel quadcore without SMT. No gaming rig needs 16 core. now. Someday if engines get more elegant it will make sense. but not now.

no pics because there are so many out there with the same config.
industrial look with all noctua fans, black case and naked accelero.

cheers, A

Reactions: duq

duq

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2020
As for the CPU the Ryzen - is a hot beast.
I really appreciate your post, seeing I'm not alone. Two weeks ago I tried to build a Conswole with R 3600 and Cryorig C1, which is a cooler about as heavy as yours, but with only a very thin 140mm fan. Same temps as you in Cinebench. I imagined a hot summer and sent it back immediately.

All cores on 4.200 Mhz @ 1.1875V works for me. Stable in Cinebench @ 73°, Prime95 @ 62°
Is that with fans at max? Do the fans spin up during idle/surfing?

I ended with an i5 10400F at 4,1Mhz (Asrock board). Temps are ridiculously low, hottest core at 60° under load. The fans are never spinning higher than 800rpm, I could even tweak them down.

Now I'm thinking of buying sth. from AMD just to honor them for kicking Intel's ass to make some really usable hardware:)
And wondering if I could have taken a case with a 47mm cooler with the 10400F AND silence. Or 10600KF with a 70mm cooler.