NCase M1 Sanity Check / Advice Requested

Bougle

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
Well I've just got to pay the customs charges on my M1 and should have it by the end of the week which means it's time to finally nail down the cooling. Having read around the forum I'm torn between two options namely whether to go with a C-14, which I have, or a 240mm AIO build. Added to that I must confess to a degree of confusion as to how I would configure the fans for the C-14 build.

The system, such as is relevant, comprises a MSI B450i with Ryzen 3600 , Corsair LPX and an EVGA dual slot 1060.

The fans I shall be buying will be NF-A12x25.

As I understand it the normal C-14 build uses an Accelero with two bottom fans exhausting, two set on the bracket as intake and one below the C14 pulling. Without an Accelero it seems to me I would need to have the two bottom fans as intake. My concern is that with the side fans also as intake I will end up with a rapidly overheating case but as exhaust would the C-14 offer sufficient cooling performance?

The AIO offers a simpler build but my last, a Corsair Hydro 240mm, had a habit of sounding like a jet engine and the M1 will be sitting on my desktop.

If anyone is able to assist with setting me on the right track I will be very grateful.

Thanks in any event for taking the trouble to read my ramblings.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
A lot of people are still using setups in the Ncase that worked best in the older cases, without taking into account the increased ventilation for the GPU are. I have seen only one build that had the GPU with no bottom fans and his temps were very decent. Since you already have the C14 I would try that with no bottom fans, you can always add later.

Bougle

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
A lot of people are still using setups in the Ncase that worked best in the older cases, without taking into account the increased ventilation for the GPU are. I have seen only one build that had the GPU with no bottom fans and his temps were very decent. Since you already have the C14 I would try that with no bottom fans, you can always add later.

Thanks for the response and the thought to use no bottom fans. I will confess I hadn't considered that and should it work it will also have the benefit of saving me the cost of two fans and the Noctua fan controller I was also going to pick up.

cdot

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2019
My NCASE M1 V6 just arrived a week ago and instead of the C14 I'm using the other popular U9S. I'm running two NF A9 92mm fans on the cooler and no bottom fans. The fans are configured to exhaust out the back vent. My i7 7700K is OC'd to 4.6GHz and GTX1070 running stock. I've never seen my temps go above 75°C on my CPU & GPU while gaming and it's running extremely quiet. Ambient temps around 25°C.

Reactions: rfarmer