M1 refreshed (1230v2/1070mini/acceleroIII)

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
I got the Accelero Xtreme 3 after reading everyone recommending and praising it for the ncase.

Here, I'm approximating to see if it'll fit in the case.

Voiding warranty

Good news! It fits with a Zotac mini card. I was worried it would be too long for the case since the gpu core was located further away from the rear slots compared to the reference gpu.

Temps were 80+°C with the stock cooler with filtered intake fans at nearly full speeds.
70+°C with the Accelero with filtered intake fans at silent PWM profile,
60+°C with the Accelero with exhaust fans at silent PWM profile.

Also got a slim 92mm fan so I can have push pull and have a front intake fan at the same time. A down side would be all the dust getting sucked in from the top since most of the fans are in exhaust mode.

darn you @Necere for making a brilliant case. I keep buying new stuff for it and its not even my main PC.

while I usually bitch and moan about those lian-li panel clips, they're actually a good tooless option of mounting the panels without using screws. I just hate the way the panels scrapes against each other every time I remove it.

The only things I dislike about the M1 are the case feet, pci-e slot covers, expansion slot plate; and maybe the sidebracket mounting.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Glad it worked out. I sometimes wonder how many sales of the Accelero we've generated for Arctic. You don't tend to see their coolers in a whole lot of builds in other cases.

The only things I dislike about the M1 are the case feet, pci-e slot covers, expansion slot plate; and maybe the sidebracket mounting.
Yeah the feet are a little cheap feeling; that's just what Lian Li had available at that size. They had some nicer feet that were 5mm larger in diameter, and 5mm smaller, but these were the only ones at exactly the size I wanted. I suppose we could look into custom ordering some better ones at this point.

Reactions: ps -ef and MultiDoc

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Damn you guys. Now I remembered I have an Accelero unopened still in its box waiting to be mounted on my GPU.... still contemplating if it’s worth to replace the stock ASUS cooler with this. I guess it doesn’t if you have to buy it, but having it sitting there begs for it to be installed I guess.

As for the M1, it’s far and away the best case for is class and as you pointed the feet where probably my only complaint. As for the clips, despite being fragile (have a few as spares), they are very good at what they are designed to do.

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
Glad it worked out. I sometimes wonder how many sales of the Accelero we've generated for Arctic. You don't tend to see their coolers in a whole lot of builds in other cases.

Yeah the feet are a little cheap feeling; that's just what Lian Li had available at that size. They had some nicer feet that were 5mm larger in diameter, and 5mm smaller, but these were the only ones at exactly the size I wanted. I suppose we could look into custom ordering some better ones at this point.

Yeah, the Accelero3 really is a perfect fit for the M1. I just need quieter fans that doesn't cost as much as the cooler.
There are some custom feets for the M1, but are quite expensive for what they are. (I could get an a SG13 for that)
I would be cool if you could make custom case feet for the M1. (On a side note, that's what I originally thought sfflab was going to be. A place where people could order hard-to-source parts like custom length rise cables or adapters.)

Damn you guys. Now I remembered I have an Accelero unopened still in its box waiting to be mounted on my GPU.... still contemplating if it’s worth to replace the stock ASUS cooler with this. I guess it doesn’t if you have to buy it, but having it sitting there begs for it to be installed I guess.

As for the M1, it’s far and away the best case for is class and as you pointed the feet where probably my only complaint. As for the clips, despite being fragile (have a few as spares), they are very good at what they are designed to do.

Do it. Might as well since you've got it already. I got mine because the original fans are wobbly and sometimes made grinding noises.