Ncase m1 payment with paypal

Khanza

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 24, 2019
Hi,
Previously i order from sfflab n check out with paypal.
Today i want to buy mcase but there is no paypal option. I dont have credit card, so paypal is only way.
Help me please

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I turned off PayPal to do some web development and testing. We don't plan to open PayPal until later this year.

Last edited:

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
@Wahaha360, will the PayPal option be turned back on soon? I tried to order an NCASE M1 today, but couldn't complete the transaction due to the lack of a PayPal option.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Alrighty... no NCASE for me.

I understand, sorry man :(

It not NCASE, but other brands on SFFLAB, there is no way for SFFLAB to turn off PayPal for specific products / brands, so we had to make a call.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Might I ask what the deal was with PayPal? I know the fees are atrocious as an eBay seller but just curious.

Not a big deal about the reason. I can always transfer money to the checking account to pay for stuff, but with my wife’s joint access she would see how much I spend and there would be no peace at home :)

Reactions: Engr62

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Might I ask what the deal was with PayPal? I know the fees are atrocious as an eBay seller but just curious.

Not a big deal about the reason. I can always transfer money to the checking account to pay for stuff, but with my wife’s joint access she would see how much I spend and there would be no peace at home :)

We have products coming with both pre-order and international shipping. PayPal doesn't like both.

These upcoming products are scheduled to be priced at no profit or near zero profit, so if PayPal withhold funding or penalizes payout, these projects will collapse.

I do however, believe we make these products more mainstream, increase quantity / MOQ, so the cost can be lower and the product financially sustainable, but it's not happening this year.

If I open PayPal for NCASE, then it applies to SFFLAB, PayPal will put these projects at bankruptcy risk. I believe these projects are essential for the future of SFF, and we are the only ones who would pursue them.

So we are literally killing our own sales to promote some new products. It's not fun for us either.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I hear ya and don’t blame ya. I know it’s not relevant but PayPal needs an overhaul. They can avoid banking/credit union rules because they aren’t a “bank” but also not an actual credit card company.

Also having to take them to court in their home state in the US should a conflict arise has costed many an eBay seller.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I hear ya and don’t blame ya. I know it’s not relevant but PayPal needs an overhaul. They can avoid banking/credit union rules because they aren’t a “bank” but also not an actual credit card company.

Also having to take them to court in their home state in the US should a conflict arise has costed many an eBay seller.

I have a long history of problems with PayPal since M1 crowdfunding. When I speak with their Risk Management Department representatives, I'm reached a point where I feel bad for the employee and staff that has to apologize for their policies.

I don't want to get mad at their employee b/c it's not their fault, but I can't operate with their restrictions. No solutions and nobody wins.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Its a good call really. It’s just a shame they were really the first online payment system for so many people. In the early 2000’s they saved eBay because at the time there weren’t any other better options compared to checks, money orders, or mailing cash. No one had debit cards and individuals couldn’t easily take credit cards. It’s just hard to move away from when they are so ingrained to consumers, kind of like Valve/Steam is to gamers.