GPU NCASE M1 GPU - which 2070 Super?

king_clueless

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys, long time listener, first-time caller and all that :D

I'm looking to build this setup:
I'm going 2070 vs 2080 tho and I don't know if I should go Gigabyte Aorus geforce rtx 2070 super or the ASUS Rog-strix-rtx2070s OC.

There seems little difference between them apart from the price. Naturally, I'll be de-shrouding the gfx card so the fans setup on the cards won't be a differentiator either.

Thanks in advanced for helping a n00b :p

Remy17

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2020
I just got the ASUS Dual Super 2070 which has similar specs to the Strix but is not as long, which for your purposes does not matter if you are going to take the cooling shroud off. The Dual is cheaper most places, but it sells out in about two minutes so jump on it if you find it.

king_clueless

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 5, 2020
I just got the ASUS Dual Super 2070 which has similar specs to the Strix but is not as long, which for your purposes does not matter if you are going to take the cooling shroud off. The Dual is cheaper most places, but it sells out in about two minutes so jump on it if you find it.

Dude you just saved me about 200 quid! Thanks so much for this shout, probably be buying this tonight :) (Scan got them)

Reactions: Remy17 and Arboreal

Remy17

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2020
Dude you just saved me about 200 quid! Thanks so much for this shout, probably be buying this tonight :) (Scan got them)
Glad to help a fellow builder save some money. I was comparing the cards and saw the Dual series had the same specs and usually were cheaper and could not figure out why I would buy a Strix to put in an Ncase, especially since I have one in a full tower and know how much space it takes up. I know you can put a three blower card in the Ncase, but unless someone already has one and they are transferring it from an old system I do not see the point in jamming one in this case just because.