NCase M1 custom watercooling; component choice discussion

T4iga

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
I am planning on building in a Ryzen 3000 system in the NCase M1.
My target achieving silent operation with high performance by mounting a 240mm below the GPU and another 240mm on the AiO bracket all connected with soft tubing.
I would like to use quick disconnects to be able to take out the GPU and the CPU from the loop but I can not nearly foresee yet if that will be doable with these space constraints.

The case quotes 130mm of CPU cooler height. I have to assume the outer edge of the AiO bracket mounting adheres to that. Assuming a 25mm fan, and a 25mm thick radiator I have 80mm of clearance left. As I understand the Alphacool Eisbär (Eisbaer) Solo is 68mm high but I would need space for fittings on top of the block. That would not fit. I would like for someone to confirm this maybe from experience or double check these assumptions.
Now I am looking at the Swiftech Apogee which i think I can make fit. It measures at 61.5mm , additionally fittings are side mounted which I would combine with some 90° to make it fit. Is that correct? In this review from Optimum Tech you can see that even with 90° it still extends beyond the blocks base height. Has anyone tried this or knows for a fact that it fits?
I have never tried it but I would try and go without a reservoir. The filling might be a more of a challenge but I see no space for it if I want to use the AiO bracket. I thought about going for a Phanteks Glacier R160 but even when going with a smaller CPU block I'd have no idea where to fit it and I am worried about significantly impeding airflow if I tried to mount it almost flush behind the radiator.

I think loop order will be CPU --> side-rad --> bottom-rad --> GPU --> CPU.
If I have to CPU and CPU next to each other in the loop I also only need 3 quick disconnects in total.

What do you guys think? Any parts I have overlooked, thinner radiators, smaller or better parts options. What kind of fans would you use for the bottom radiator. Its seems low profile (15mm) is the only reasonable option but already severely chocked because there will be so little clearance to the GPU

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
FrozenQ makes a custom reservoir designed for the Ncase. I used an Apogee Drive II in my Ncase and it fits without issue.

T4iga

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
FrozenQ makes a custom reservoir designed for the Ncase. I used an Apogee Drive II in my Ncase and it fits without issue.

-snip-
That is great nows for me. How thick is your radiator and fans together?
What fittings did you use? From the photos it looks like a 90 into a 2x45. There wouldd be enough room for some QDC fittings in your picture so I could essentially do everything I wanted.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
QDC + FrozenQ res:

Apogee Drive II + bottom rad/thin fans + FrozenQ res:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
25mm fans with Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 at 30mm. I actually rebuilt the loop after this picture when I changed graphics cards. In the pic above I think I was using 45 degree adapters and later changed to 90 degree adapters.

T4iga

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
25mm fans with Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 at 30mm. I actually rebuilt the loop after this picture when I changed graphics cards. In the pic above I think I was using 45 degree adapters and later changed to 90 degree adapters.
Great to hear that even a 30mm fits. I think I will be going for one of those too then.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
You have 130mm total space to work with, minus the 55mm for fan/rad leaves you with 75mm. Currently I am using my Apogee Drive II in my Ghost S1, I am using Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters because I only have 66mm of space to work with. You have 9mm more so normal 90 degree adapters should be fine.

This is the setup I was using in my Ncase, The Apogee + 90 degree adapter has a total height of 71mm, just make sure your 90 degree adapters are at least that size.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Heya ,

Im on the same Boat , i got the Eisbaer LT 240 AIO and i was planning to use the 25mm Rad on the Bottom and one more on the Side bracket with the LT Solo, but i don't know if the pump is strong enough to make it work through 2 240 Rads CPU & GPU , and if it cant , whether i can fit a custom cooling Block with Pump Res combo ( Glacier 160 ) behind the PSU.

Sadly i havent Found anyone yet that has done something similar

T4iga

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
Heya ,

Im on the same Boat , i got the Eisbaer LT 240 AIO and i was planning to use the 25mm Rad on the Bottom and one more on the Side bracket with the LT Solo, but i don't know if the pump is strong enough to make it work through 2 240 Rads CPU & GPU , and if it cant , whether i can fit a custom cooling Block with Pump Res combo ( Glacier 160 ) behind the PSU.

Sadly i havent Found anyone yet that has done something similar
How thick is the glacier? You will be completely blocking all airflow for the fan on the PSU side but if you go for a very slim rad like the slim XSPC 240 and a slim far, you might be able to fit it.

The only option for 2 rads in an NCase seems to be going apogee drive. I don't know of any other combo units with a powerful pump.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
How thick is the glacier? You will be completely blocking all airflow for the fan on the PSU side but if you go for a very slim rad like the slim XSPC 240 and a slim far, you might be able to fit it.

The only option for 2 rads in an NCase seems to be going apogee drive. I don't know of any other combo units with a powerful pump.

The Fan of the PSU Will be looking outwards , not inside the case so it will not be blocking the way of its fan.
The Rad i will use is another Alphacool 25mm 240 AIO
And the Fans i will he Using are the Noctuas 15mm Chromax...
If it doesnt work out, i guess i will go for a 92mm On the rear side of the case...