Discussion NCASE M1 Buyer's Remorse?

maveric

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
I'm considering the NCASE M1 for my first build. However, it is so crazy expensive! ?

Has anyone here experienced buyer's remorse over their NCASE M1 purchase? If so, why and what would you have purchased instead?

CuMiCo

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
There is no cheap case, which is as deliberated as the NCase M1. The bigger you go the cheaper they get (IMO)

RobBobbins

Caliper Novice
May 28, 2020
I got my V4 in 2015 and the only regret I have is getting such a fantastic case that I have 0 reason to change it.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I had my hands on the V2 of this case before. Super light weight for its size and feels very nice. However my radiator would not fit on the bottom and I only sold it for that reason.

Remy17

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2020
I just got my case last week, and all I can tell right now is that it is light and very well made. This is my first small form factor build, and I went with this case because it got great reviews on quality. I think that spending on decent case (and power supply) upfront is a better investment if you plan on upgrading or do new builds later. A good computer case and PSU theoretically can last over several builds, so unless you get tired of the outside aesthetics of case longevity might save you money down the road.

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I just got my case last week, and all I can tell right now is that it is light and very well made. This is my first small form factor build, and I went with this case because it got great reviews on quality. I think that spending on decent case (and power supply) upfront is a better investment if you plan on upgrading or do new builds later. A good computer case and PSU theoretically can last over several builds, so unless you get tired of the outside aesthetics of case longevity might save you money down the road.
Totally agree with this. I bought my Ncase in 2016 and kept it for 3 years. It went from a watercooled gaming rig to an air cooled gaming rig to a HTPC/Plex server with 4x3.5 drives, this case is nothing if not versatile. I bought my Corsair SF600 at the same time and I am still using it today in my Ghost, over 4 years of 24/7 usage. Spending a bit more in the beginning can have long term benefits.

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019
I just bought a second one, was considering changing to something smaller, like a Ghost or Dan-A4, then I got really interested in the T1 which honestly looks amazing, but the M1 is just perfect, compact enough but still lots of room for activities, great cooling, great layout, great everything, at least in my humble opinion of course.
As soon as I receive the new one I'm going to give the current one to a friend of mine who's in love with it as well.

Reactions: rfarmer