NCASE M1 Build - X570-i with NF-A9

Elthum

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Apr 29, 2020
Hello SFF community,

After wandering on the forum for a while, here is my first message ! I am glad to join it.

I am currently building my first SSF and it's a very challenging job. I like it ! I am struggling to install the NF-A9 into a NCASE M1 6.1 with a X570-I MOBO. It fits quite perfectly, however I am afraid that it may block the VRAM ventilo. I would like some feedback about this ? What do you think ?

For your information, my processor is a Ryzen 3600 with et Noctua C14S.

Here is some pictures :

Thanks in advance for your help !

liyi0522

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
I don't see any problem here. What kind CPU cooler do you use? If you use NH-U9S, you can attach the 92mm fan on the cooler and use push and pull setup instead of mounting fan on the case.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
It will reduce the fans efficiency, but probably won't be a problem. I say try it, and monitor your VRM temps under full synthetic load.

EDIT: Wait....a 3600? You're fine. The VRM fan is there for when you're pulling power for 16 cores and 32 threads. 6/12 is nothing for it.

Elthum

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for your feedbacks. I'll monitor it but as Revenant said, I have a 3600 ! This should be OK but I had a doubt.

Liyi0522 I use a C14S. It fits very well ! :)

I have just finished to assemble all the build. I am going to benchmark my stuff.

Reactions: Revenant