Ncase M1 - Build Check

JPa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
I've recently placed in a preorder for the case. Really excited!

Wondering if someone could help me out and make sure I'm not botching some part of my build. Or getting some sizes wrong. Or any recommendations for that matter.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card
PSU: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Case Fans (Below GPU?): 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan

I'm going to be moving a 970 Evo Plus 512GB SSD from my laptop to the new system. And I'm hoping that I could fit a decent sized hard drive or something later.

Thanks!

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Looks good to me. I think you could do easily with an SF600. Your powerdraw should be arround 300 watts. I doubt that you can comfortably fit those two fullsize fans underneath the gpu. Maybe opt for slim ones. You can always add another Sata-SSD under the frontpanel.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Perfect build, except 2 slots gpu maximum if you want fans underneath. Or get a strix/Aorus and remove the shroud.
Your card is a massive 3 slots, which would not even fit without fans.
Please read the specs for the gpu or go to gpu compatibility page of this forum, those help a lot.

JPa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Looks good to me. I think you could do easily with an SF600. Your powerdraw should be arround 300 watts. I doubt that you can comfortably fit those two fullsize fans underneath the gpu. Maybe opt for slim ones. You can always add another Sata-SSD under the frontpanel.
Great, thanks! The SF750 is about $5 more here, so I figured it would be more safe for any possible future upgrades/things. The GPU seems to be 40mm thick, so I thought the fans would work.

Perfect build, except 2 slots gpu maximum if you want fans underneath. Or get a strix/Aorus and remove the shroud.
Your card is a massive 3 slots, which would not even fit without fans.
Please read the specs for the gpu or go to gpu compatibility page of this forum, those help a lot.

Thanks! I think mine is the 2-slot (40mm) version. Do you know if the 25mm fans will fit?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Great, thanks! The SF750 is about $5 more here, so I figured it would be more safe for any possible future upgrades/things. The GPU seems to be 40mm thick, so I thought the fans would work.

Thanks! I think mine is the 2-slot (40mm) version. Do you know if the 25mm fans will fit?
You linked the wrong gpu then. Everything up till 42mm allows for 12x25 fans underneath. Best is no longer than 280mm because of the i/O but there is some room there.