robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
This is a SFF Network Vendor product launch – a feature we offer to subscribed Vendors that love our community. At SFF Network, we support those who support us, growing the world of Small Form Factor!
From n3rdware:

Hello everyone,
What has started as some personal build logs on this very site, has now grown into an attempt to start as a small and independent case builder: n3rdware. As a developer and hardware enthousiast, I’ve been developing cases for personal use for quite some years now. Building on that experience, I’d like to introduce my handcrafted cases to you.
That brings me to my first project: Yocto. Yocto is a handcrafted computer case that focusses on smart hardware compatibility and stylish looks. Yocto is perfect as a home theater or gaming console while blending in perfect with your living room.
About Yocto
Yocto is handcrafted using premium materials. The core of the case is a large brass baseplate mounted to a 3D printed shell which is printed in a...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
My god that is gorgeous...

Thanks!!

By the way, if the MOQ of 10 is holding someone back to order, this number is not set in stone. I got my first order in today and a couple more should already be enough to confirm a first batch.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to spotlight the case on more channels to get more traffic to the website, and hopefully, more orders.

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
It's the ADT-link R33C: http://www.adt.link/product/R33C.html

The one in the pictures is actually an older 3.0 version that I used before the ADT-link one was released. The current one is all black and supports PCIe 4.0

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
So I got some questions about customising both the dimensions and colours of this case. Within the current batch, I'm able to customise 2 things: the height of the case and the colour of the printed parts. Let me explain both in some more detail:

Height of the case

I can make the case 10mm taller to allow for coolers up to 50mm and the possibility to mount a 2.5 inch drive on top of the GPU. Making it taller wou defeat the purpose of the form factor as you'd get close to the point where you can use a low profile GPU without riser.

Custom colours

Using metal other than brass is hard as it would drive up prices too much, but I can use any colour you'd like for the printed parts. I can't show any pictures of this, but here's some fun I had in photoshop with my existing pictures (don't mind the low quality):

Feel free to pm me here or on the sff.network discord if you'd like to discuss any of the above!

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
For people who want to get a better look at how exactly every aspect of the case looks, I have added a 3d model viewer to the product page: https://n3rdware.com/cases/yocto

There are some minor details that are different from the pictures as I tweaked a couple of things after making my own case.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
how nice! I've been eyeing on new cases around this size. First I was tempted by Densium APU but it was only for RX6400 and then saw J-Hack stratos but that one is still in development and now this, boom!
This was the case I was thinking actually. HDPlex 250w GaN + Dual slot LP GPU + as crammed as possible :d
Besides being in europe is a plus for me too since it's closer.
One thing that though, could you update the price as 149 euro? I'm asking because right now I'm living in Turkey and they have tightened the rules quite a lot recently. For anything with a value of 150 euro or more, I have to hire a financial advisor which makes things quite messy and increases the custom fees dramatically. For under 150 euro, I'll pay just regular VAT and take the package out of customs.

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
how nice! I've been eyeing on new cases around this size. First I was tempted by Densium APU but it was only for RX6400 and then saw J-Hack stratos but that one is still in development and now this, boom!
This was the case I was thinking actually. HDPlex 250w GaN + Dual slot LP GPU + as crammed as possible :d
Besides being in europe is a plus for me too since it's closer.
One thing that though, could you update the price as 149 euro? I'm asking because right now I'm living in Turkey and they have tightened the rules quite a lot recently. For anything with a value of 150 euro or more, I have to hire a financial advisor which makes things quite messy and increases the custom fees dramatically. For under 150 euro, I'll pay just regular VAT and take the package out of customs.

That's a good point. Import tax for the EU also starts at 150 euros so it makes sense. I've updated the price to 149.99 so the ones who already ordered don't feel scammed for their 1 euro :) Hope that works for you!

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
With already 5 orders for the Yocto and another 7 for the A2000 heatsink, it looks like I'll have to close pre orders sooner than expected, as I unfortunately don't have the means to produce them at high volumes. I don't want to push anyone, but if you consider this case, you may have to decide soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Neathdrawls

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
We're two weeks after the introduction of the case now, and I'm very happy to announce that I've reached the limit of cases I can produce and pre-orders have been closed! Parts have been ordered with many on the way already, I'll keep posting regular updates in this thread. Yocto is happening, woohoo!

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Amazing looking case! Where are you sourcing those front-panel USB-C connectors? I am thinking of modding front I/O to my case but can not find good sources.

aj569

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2023
What a fun project! Looks amazing. Let us know if you reopen orders. I'd be interested in the Yocto, A2000 heatsink + fans!

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
What a fun project! Looks amazing. Let us know if you reopen orders. I'd be interested in the Yocto, A2000 heatsink + fans!

If all goes well with this batch, I may run another one in early summer, including the Ronto APU case. There's a newsletter signup form on the bottom of my website if you want to get updates about new batches.

Reactions: aj569 and Arboreal

nck

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 14, 2023
Is there any chance to publish a 3d model of your case? Or we have to just wait early summer?