robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Is there any chance to publish a 3d model of your case? Or we have to just wait early summer?

As I'm actively selling these at the moment, I'm afraid I won't share the model for now. The model alone is only a portion of the complete case by the way, you also need the baseplate, case feet, riser, screws & wires etc etc.

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Production of the cases is going well, so I want to share the progress and some impressions of what I'm doing.

Most of the parts have been printed by now. It's a slow process, but the printer requires little attention while it's printing. Here's for a fun fact: did you know it takes more than 24 hours of printing a single case?! That's 15 hours for the shell, 7 hours for the bottom and 3 hours for the top.

The brass baseplates have arrived a couple of days ago and I'm halfway countersinking and threading the holes. The case feet also require some cutting, and that's completely done.

The power buttons and LEDs have all been soldered and are ready to be put in the cases. The USB cables, risers and screws have arrived, so that means I have everything ready to be put inside the cases.

As for the accessories, the double fans have been soldered and the heatsinks have arrived. I still have to cut out parts of the heatsinks to allow for clearance of the cards components.

Here are some pictures of all the work that is being done at the moment. Enjoy!

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Thanks for sharing, must be very exciting to have a production run!
So cool to see all these high quality units on a shelf! 😍

Reactions: robbee

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Due to a cancelation, I have one spare Yocto+ available. It's a couple millimeters taller than the regular Yocto which allows for a 2.5inch drive and 48mm cpu cooler. Price is €154,99. Pm me if you're interested!

Edit: case is gone!

Last edited:

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Just wanted to pop in and say I love the case and your site design, can tell a lot of time and effort went into it. I'd scoop one in a heartbeat if I had any reason to build another system.

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Just wanted to pop in and say I love the case and your site design, can tell a lot of time and effort went into it. I'd scoop one in a heartbeat if I had any reason to build another system.

That's a very nice thing to say! I've indeed been spending a lot of my time on this project lately so I hope people will be as happy as I am with the case!

Reactions: rfarmer

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
So since the previous week, Yocto's have started to ship! I've now shipped abouth 3/4th of the orders including a Yocto or Yocto+ and the remaining ones will be shipped shortly after this weekend. Then I just have a couple of orders left that containonly the heatsink and the batch will be officially finished!

Meanwhile, I've been getting a lot of questions about when the heatsink will be back in stock. While I initially claimed that the next batch wouldn't be before summer, I've decided to make the heatsink available as built to order when the current batch is finished. Lead time would be 1-2 weeks. If you want to be informed when they launch, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter on the bottom of my website: https://n3rdware.com/

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Hey @robbee when will you make the second batch? Do you think the new rtx 4060 lp can be fitted inside the case along with HDPLEX GaN psu?

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Hey @robbee when will you make the second batch? Do you think the new rtx 4060 lp can be fitted inside the case along with HDPLEX GaN psu?

I'm almost finished with a large batch of A2000 heatsinks and will probably have time to launch a new batch of Yocto's after that. That will be in about 2-3 weeks time.

The 4060 LP should already fit the current Yocto cases. Nothing structural will change for this revision, only a couple of small tweaks to make building easier.

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Hey everyone, I just launched a second batch of Yocto's! You can now pre order your Yocto at https://n3rdware.com/

This revision includes a couple of tiny but important tweaks. Some of the most notable:
  • A new premium 3D printer allows printing cases at three times the speed of the previous one. This will allow me to take many more orders.
  • Screwless mounting of the HDPlex power supply will guarantee a flawless finish of the front of the case.
  • Yocto will be 100% compatible with Gigabyte's upcoming low-profile RTX 4060, both stock and deshrouded with Noctua NF-A6 fans.
  • Ventilation holes at the sides allow for improved airflow and temperatures.
Along with this batch, I also launched 2 new products which are available for pre-order:

1. The Ronto case, which can be considered the small brother of the Yocto. It's a 210mm x 210mm x 74mm case, sharing the same visual apearance of the Yocto but without support for low profile GPU's. Perfect for a tiny and clean APU build!

2. Custom HDPlex wires, made to length for the Yocto and the Ronto case.

The pre-order period will last until 30th of September. However, it may close prematurely if I get more orders than I can produce in a realistic timeframe. If you're eager to get the case, it's best not to wait too long to guarantee your order.

The lead time will be 2 months, starting from the moment the pre-orders close.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them!

maksim_ms

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2021
Hello!
Nice case! Good color match.
Where you get this good-looking brass legs? What the height do they have? 10-15mm?

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Hello!
Nice case! Good color match.
Where you get this good-looking brass legs? What the height do they have? 10-15mm?
Thanks! The brass legs are 20mm high, have a 15mm diameter on the top and a 10mm diameter on the bottom. They're actually shelve knobs that I machine to use them upside down. I then glue a rubber circle on the bottom the prevent scratches on soft surface. This is how they look originally:

maksim_ms

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2021
Thanks! The brass legs are 20mm high, have a 15mm diameter on the top and a 10mm diameter on the bottom. They're actually shelve knobs that I machine to use them upside down. I then glue a rubber circle on the bottom the prevent scratches on soft surface. This is how they look originally:

wow) nice move!

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The minimum order quantity for the current batch has been reached! In fact, it had been reached a couple of days after launching pre-order, I just forgot to share it here :)

So production is moving forward and the first steps have already been taken. People who still want to order, have 2 more weeks to do so.

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Pre-orders have been closed at the designated date. A total of 12 Yocto's and 4 Ronto's have been ordered. This is about the amount I was aiming for, so that means I'm on track to finish the cases in November!

I've already ordered most of the things I need to build the cases, and a lot of them have already been delivered. All the cables, screws and other mounting hardware are in stock. The filament has been delivered, and the first cases are being printed as we speak. The brass baseplates are being manufactured and should arrive mid October.

Here's a rough timeline of the steps I need to take to finish the cases:

October
  • A whole lot of printing bezels and panels
  • Postprocessing of the bezels, insert threads
  • CNC cut and glue case feet
  • Solder, shrink and crimp power buttons and LEDs
  • Cut and crimp HDPlex power wires
November
  • Tap and countersink baseplates
  • Assemble and package cases and accessories
  • Prepare cases and accessories for shipping

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The printer is working overtime! I'm printing pretty much 24/7 right now to finish the bezels, tops and bottoms as quickly as possible. As a reference, here's the print time for each part:
  • Yocto bezel: 7 hours
  • Yocto+ bezel: 8.5 hours
  • Top: 2 hours
  • Bottom: 3.5 hours
You can imagine it takes me some time to finish all these! I did start printing before the pre-orders were closed though, so I'm pretty much half way printing everything by now.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Great to see progress like this!

Looks like the Yocto the biggest case that could reasonably be made on the bed of your printer?

robbee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Great to see progress like this!

Looks like the Yocto the biggest case that could reasonably be made on the bed of your printer?
Yeah, the bed is 256x256 mm, but realistically you don't want to go all the way to the edge and use some spare volume for a 'brim'. You print the first layer a couple mm's wider to hold the object to the build plate better to avoid warping. You can remove the brium easily when the print is finished.

I can print a lot taller though as that's also limited to 256mm.

Dang, looks like I missed the order window. Would love to get a Ronto!
I have a Ronto left because I ordered plenty of spare things. PM me if you're interested and we can work something out.

Reactions: Snerual