My first ITX Build - Dan A4-SFX V4.1

camborambo

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am new to SFF.net, but would like to share my build.
  • Dan A4-SFX V4.1
  • MSI Z490-I Unify
  • Intel 10600k
  • EVGA XC 3060 Ti (Dual Fan)
  • Alpenföhn Black Ridge
  • Crucial P1 1TB NVME
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 (8gb x 2)
  • Corsair SF600 Platinum
  • Noctua NF-A9x14 Chromax (2x Case 1x CPU)
  • NovelKeys NK65 Entry
  • Kailh Box White Switches
Initial build
  • Black Ridge Cooler swapped fan witch Noctua variant (intake)
  • Initially had 2 bottom case fans as exhaust, but found that the 8 Pin connector for the CPU won’t clear the 92mm fan right beneath the motherboard, so I opted for just one 92mm fan below PSU (exhaust)
  • GPU fit nicely, but had to fiddle with the riser cable
Performance/Thermals
  • Undervolted CPU offset -50mv
  • Auto fan curve
  • Custom voltage curve through EVGA Precision X1
Results
  • CPU Idle: 39c
  • GPU idle: 48-52c
  • Playing Warzone/CS:Go/FPS Games Max Settings:
  • CPU: 58c-65c
  • GPU: 62c-70c (Max 72c)
  • Overall Thoughts:
  • Extremely fun build. Fans are silent, and I push all games well above above 140fps on Max

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
@dondan it seems like the 10600k is a higher tdp rating than the 3950x but this build has nice temps with the blackridge. Worth a look compared to my higher pitched 645lt and noctua over radiator or do you think it's risky?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
On modern CPUs it isnt risky. If the cpu runs too hit it will throttle. I you have great temps in gaming keep it as it is. I think the temps will be higher if you do heavy benchmarks like Prime or multiple runs of Chinebench but if video encoding or rendering is not your daily bussiness everythink is fine :) Otherwise setup long power duration limit in uefi to 65W and this will also work.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
What kind of monitor is this? Is it with it's original stand or that's a different one? The screen sits very close to the wall, which is exactly what I was after when I was on a lookout for a monitor (already got one, but I'm still interested to know).

camborambo

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
What kind of monitor is this? Is it with it's original stand or that's a different one? The screen sits very close to the wall, which is exactly what I was after when I was on a lookout for a monitor (already got one, but I'm still interested to know).
Zowie XL2536. Excellent for esports titles for sure. Very adjustable

SuGz

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 30, 2020
Nice build. Was there any clearance issues with the Black Ridge and the MSI motherboard back shroud? I have the Asus Z490i and I cannot use the Black Ridge nor the IDCooling IS47K because of clearance issues with the shroud and the daughterboard. Might have to get the same board as yours if there are no clearance problems.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
With this gpu, one might get the Asetek 92mm aio on standing position next to the card. It's powerful and looks great too.

camborambo

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Nice build. Was there any clearance issues with the Black Ridge and the MSI motherboard back shroud? I have the Asus Z490i and I cannot use the Black Ridge nor the IDCooling IS47K because of clearance issues with the shroud and the daughterboard. Might have to get the same board as yours if there are no clearance problems.
The clearance issue was noctua exhaust fan right beneath the mobo CPU’s power connector. I opted for just one exhaust fan beneath the psu, but thermals are extremely well. I undervolted 50mv in the cpu bios and now my temps idle are 36c and ~55 while gaming and it’s quiet. 3060ti sits at 30c idle and ~low 63c while gaming.

camborambo

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
With this gpu, one might get the Asetek 92mm aio on standing position next to the card. It's powerful and looks great too.
Definitely will fit and temps should be outstanding. I’m actually waiting to find a 5600x with that AIO. If I’m able to nab one, I’ll grab the rog b550 and test performance/thermals

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Definitely will fit and temps should be outstanding. I’m actually waiting to find a 5600x with that AIO. If I’m able to nab one, I’ll grab the rog b550 and test performance/thermals
Actually with this gpu, placing the Asetek aio the regular way would be even better now that I think about it:)
Due to the compact size of this card, it would not block the inhaled air or the cooler like longer cards do, so the air could freely go up to the top of the case.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I recently saw this gpu available and wonder how is it doing in your build? I know it is the smallest 3060 Ti, what are the thermals and noise?