Help needed: Dan 4.1 Case - Build - First Build in long Time

Kalath

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Mar 7, 2020
Hello all,

i am very glad and happy that i found this forum, as here is so much knowledge around Dan Case Builds.
I havent build my own pc in a while, so i took a dan case for a nice small project to build my new pc and have a little challenge ;-)

The main purpose will be playing essentially, but not at the high end level.

I have read through a lot of builds and tried to choose parts which actually fit in the case. Could you please help me along and double check. It would be good as well, if you could let me know, if i should add more quality or choose to downscale for some parts.
As is said, i am alittle out of practice ;--)

Thank you very much in advance.

CPU: Core i7-8700K 3,7 GHz (Coffee Lake) Sockel 1151
CPU Cooler: Asetec - Slim CPU Cooling 92 AIO - including 92 mm FAN
Motherboard: Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC, Intel Z390 Mainboard - Sockel 1151
Memory: Vengeance LPX Series schwarz, DDR4-3000, CL15 - 16 GB Dual-Kit (32 GB RAM)
Storage: 970 EVO NVMe SSD, PCIe 3.0 M.2 Typ 2280 - 500 GB
Video Card: GeForce RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, 8192 MB GDDR6
Case: A4-SFX V4.1 Mini-ITX Gaming-Gehäuse - silber
Power Supply: SF Series SF600 80 PLUS Gold SFX Netzteil - 600 Watt

Addional FAN below Motherboard?: NF-A9 PWM chromax.black.swap Lüfter - 92mm

Reactions: camborambo

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Nice build! Just a note that the fan below the motherboard has to be 15mm or lower. So remember to choose the NF-A9x14 :)
Technically the A9 (x25) isnt available as chromax yet ... or if it is, please tell me because I want to buy both the A12x25 aND a9x25 Chromax variants

To me it looks good. I have a 9700k and 2080ti but its incredibly hot for this size of case. Keep in mind with the 92mm AIO you need to go pretty crazy with cable routing, check on youtube there are many videos discussing this

Reactions: Kalath

awakenpanda

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 2, 2020
Technically the A9 (x25) isnt available as chromax yet ... or if it is, please tell me because I want to buy both the A12x25 aND a9x25 Chromax variants

To me it looks good. I have a 9700k and 2080ti but its incredibly hot for this size of case. Keep in mind with the 92mm AIO you need to go pretty crazy with cable routing, check on youtube there are many videos discussing this

For Amazon US, seems that there is a listing for the NF-A9 chromax.

As the poster above me forewarned, stock PSU cables with the 92mm AIO will be an extremely tight fit, but otherwise looks good to me since you can take advantage of the front USB C header (cries in B450). If you're mainly gaming you can probably downgrade the SSD down to like an Intel 660p, Crucial P1, or WD SN550 since the Samsung SSDs have quite the premium and are only good if you are doing constant large writes (from what I've heard)

Reactions: Kalath and troybot

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
For Amazon US, seems that there is a listing for the NF-A9 chromax.

As the poster above me forewarned, stock PSU cables with the 92mm AIO will be an extremely tight fit, but otherwise looks good to me since you can take advantage of the front USB C header (cries in B450). If you're mainly gaming you can probably downgrade the SSD down to like an Intel 660p, Crucial P1, or WD SN550 since the Samsung SSDs have quite the premium and are only good if you are doing constant large writes (from what I've heard)
You're totally right. Thanks for pointing out that the A9 is actually availble in chromax. I think I got confused because I was looking for the A12 and must have assumed both thick fans were not available. My bad.

EDIT: Here is one youtube video that might explain my point about the PSU wiring.

Last edited:

Kalath

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Mar 7, 2020
Thank you very much! that gives me already much confidence and looking forward to the build.

I wanted to go with the AIO, because i have read somewhere that the cooling metrics are better.
If not i can also switch to a fan cooler, if that is worth it.
The video is really helpfull :-) it will be a nice challenge to fit that in.

seppola

Trash Compacter
Jan 1, 2020
if you do get the AIO, consider custom PSU cables to make life easier... especially the motherboard power cable.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Hello all,

i am very glad and happy that i found this forum, as here is so much knowledge around Dan Case Builds.
I havent build my own pc in a while, so i took a dan case for a nice small project to build my new pc and have a little challenge ;-)

The main purpose will be playing essentially, but not at the high end level.

I have read through a lot of builds and tried to choose parts which actually fit in the case. Could you please help me along and double check. It would be good as well, if you could let me know, if i should add more quality or choose to downscale for some parts.
As is said, i am alittle out of practice ;--)

Thank you very much in advance.

CPU: Core i7-8700K 3,7 GHz (Coffee Lake) Sockel 1151
CPU Cooler: Asetec - Slim CPU Cooling 92 AIO - including 92 mm FAN
Motherboard: Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC, Intel Z390 Mainboard - Sockel 1151
Memory: Vengeance LPX Series schwarz, DDR4-3000, CL15 - 16 GB Dual-Kit (32 GB RAM)
Storage: 970 EVO NVMe SSD, PCIe 3.0 M.2 Typ 2280 - 500 GB
Video Card: GeForce RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, 8192 MB GDDR6
Case: A4-SFX V4.1 Mini-ITX Gaming-Gehäuse - silber
Power Supply: SF Series SF600 80 PLUS Gold SFX Netzteil - 600 Watt

Addional FAN below Motherboard?: NF-A9 PWM chromax.black.swap Lüfter - 92mm

here check my build:

cable managing was the toughest part of the build for me.

it would be nice to see your build in pictures and video.