MSI RX 580 8G v1 -- inside the s4 mini.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hello!

That GPU will fit with ease in the MINI. My concern would be temps, as the behemoth 580s I've tested from Sapphire have huge vapor chamber heatsinks and triple and double fans, and they run pretty hot.

However you never know until you try. I haven't seen that GPU before and if it had been on my radar a year ago I think I would have.

Peace!

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah you can.

If you need to replace the fans for whatever reason (extra cooling, noise etc..) you need the adapter @Thehack linked to.

chanberg

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2015
Those adapters work, but you will need to reflash the amd card to min and max RPM ranges of the associating fan your putting in

chanberg

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2015
Shouldn't have to, unless the BIOS is weird and is expecting RPM. Most of these cards work based off of PWM %.

I always thought that was the case until I plugged my noctuas into the gigabyte 1080 mini and was only getting half of the RPM's at max

LungButter

Efficiency Noob
Bronze Supporter
Sep 16, 2018
I am looking for a graphics card than can handle 1080p 120hz with freesync. Since I cannot find any suppliers in the UK that sell a vega nano I was looking at this card https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137244

Has anybody tried this card inside the s4 mini, what are the temps, are there any clearance issues ect?

Thanks.
I just bought this GPU today after a discussion with another forum member who has used it in the S4M. My concern was also the temps but he said that he had no problems with it running hot, just that the fan was on the loud side. I had planned to use the 1060 6GB, but at $189 after rebate it was too good to pass up the 580.