Accessory Mouse Lag/Stutter

weebuns

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 26, 2019
I'm getting some strange behavour on a new SFF build. I'm getting serious mouse lag/stutter on a wireless G305 mouse.

I've tried switching off WiFi & bluetooth but it makes no difference. When I plug in a wired mouse it has no lag. I've also plugged in the wireless into my old PC which is sitting right beside the new one and it has no issues. So I assume it's not an external interference.

It's a running on a ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I & AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Any thoughts?

weebuns

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 26, 2019
Nah, even directly under it, it's still lagging.

The old computer I tried it on is further away and it's 100% lag free on it.

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
I used to have random lags on my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse when the receiver was connected directly to the back of mobo. I noticed that this only happened when the battery was getting low, though. The case was the silverstone FT03-mini, so the thick aluminium top was probably part of the interference.

Now I use an USB extension to bring the receiver much closer (the receiver is hidden behind my monitor) and since then I never experienced those lags again.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
After I finally managed to get my Win 7 swap working on my S4mini ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I & AMD Ryzen 7 2700X build working I noticed the lag as well.
Even though the receiver is connected to the back of the mini it lags, then I noticed I had 2 usb ports on my keyboard, so I moved it and that solved the lag.

weebuns

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 26, 2019
Thanks all.

Strangely the lag appears to have sorted itself out? Not exactly sure fixed it in the end.