I noticed that many people are looking for this cable

90 Degree Left Angle PCI-E Adapter Cable

Can be found at KareonKables.Com

Reactions: Josh | NFC

KareonKables

Cable Smoosher
KareonKables
Dec 16, 2016
It is 1/2" off of the Video card. Considering a regular cable is 1.25" with the wire bent down, I would say that is a huge difference, unless you need the door on the PC to touch the video card, I see what you are saying.

KareonKables

Cable Smoosher
KareonKables
Dec 16, 2016
I know the exact measurements of this cable, this guy can into the county with product dumping and stole my design from eBay. It is the exact same measurement in height, except it is made with the cheapest parts known to man! Call him on the phone, I was curious how he could by the parts and pay the shipping until I heard his voice. He advertises an ultra-low cable, except if you bent a Molex crimp connector the get the same height as the cables that I make without a backbone to lash the wires to, when it is bent the other direction a fraction, the crimp snaps as well. You have to remove the heat shrink to see the fractured terminal. If you look at the two side by side you will see that they are the exact same height, unless the guy that I am talking about is you?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
@KareonKables Easy there, stay civil please. If you can't handle critique or competition for the products you sell, you are in the wrong forum. Your post/topic-hijack would be considered spam on 99% of the other forums out there.

KareonKables

Cable Smoosher
KareonKables
Dec 16, 2016
I was just curious because of the charge I was getting...lol. I asked the guy that owns this if it was Pay to Play or could I direct people to items that I sell that they are describing that they need; he said it was fair game as long as I didn't go into a fruit stand and advertise meat. Just trying to help the economy. If you want to delete the post that is fine I will look at the post dates next time. I am rather new to advertising.

KareonKables

Cable Smoosher
KareonKables
Dec 16, 2016
Sure, it is precisely 7/16" off of any video card. The total clearance need is only 7/16". The crimp terminals will not snap either because they are snug against the housing and the wires are the only part that is bent. The crimp terminal should not be in any position were the user and accidentally fracture it. It is possible to make the wires seat further into the connector if the case door needs to go another 1/32".

Reactions: iFreilicht

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Somewhat off topic, can you do custom stuff? I wouldn't mind a custom harness for the Seasonic 300SUG modular Flex ATX.

Reactions: aquelito

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
I know the exact measurements of this cable, this guy can into the county with product dumping and stole my design from eBay. It is the exact same measurement in height, except it is made with the cheapest parts known to man! Call him on the phone, I was curious how he could by the parts and pay the shipping until I heard his voice. He advertises an ultra-low cable, except if you bent a Molex crimp connector the get the same height as the cables that I make without a backbone to lash the wires to, when it is bent the other direction a fraction, the crimp snaps as well. You have to remove the heat shrink to see the fractured terminal. If you look at the two side by side you will see that they are the exact same height, unless the guy that I am talking about is you?
I am not the seller. Internal cable damage after multiple flexings could be a concern due to the removal of the strain relief portion of the Mini-Fit Jr connector. To alleviate this, the heatshrink could be replaced with (or augmented with) potting the upper portion of the connector in epoxy or silastic. A removable temporary plug would be needed to prevent the potting compound infiltrating the lower portion of the connector.
Without removing the strain relief section, the only way to reduce the Z-height is to use Mini-Fit Jr PCB-mound headers. These are quite hard to come by in any arrangement, 6-pin and 8-pin PEG-keyed even more so.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Wouldn't it be pretty simple to create a pcb board in with a female pcie power connector and a male that allows you to route the power cable above the GPU? Like so.

Reactions: 10410039

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Wouldn't it be pretty simple to create a pcb board in with a female pcie power connector and a male that allows you to route the power cable above the GPU?

The issue is that there isn't board-mount Mini Fit Jr. connectors with female terminals.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
^That does appear to be built tougher than the heat-shrinked version. I'd be interested in trying one.
I purchased an 8pin one few months ago. Works like a charm.
I will take some detailed pictures of it if you want.

Somewhat off topic, can you do custom stuff? I wouldn't mind a custom harness for the Seasonic 300SUG modular Flex ATX.

I second that ! Would be interested as well in custom harness.

KareonKables

Cable Smoosher
KareonKables
Dec 16, 2016
^That does appear to be built tougher than the heat-shrunken version. I'd be interested in trying one.

I have a store at KareonKables.Com. I guess you need to have experience with making cable to know that if the metal crimp terminal that crimps onto the wire cannot be bent or be out of the housing at any point where it can be bent because it is made of Brass, Bronze or Tin. This material does not bend, it Cracks and then snaps into. Specifications can be found at Molex.com. The heat shrink that I see my competition using is appears in my mind to be there to keep the wire from separating from the connector if it is broken. I had a special tool made that cost several thousands dollars that trims the housing at a point precisely after the tail of the terminal, so the wire bends and the terminal is not damaged. In theory you could power a video card with one positive and one negative terminal. This will work for a short time until those terminals fail from over-voltage. I am guessing that there are many computers out there with those cables in them that could catch fire at some point in time. Molex has given very specific instructions for the use of there terminals and flexing is not in the program. I can't post a photo of what one of these bent connectors looks like through a microscope after being bent just one time, which it appears like is happening to me as soon as they are built, because I would have to post a photo of a cracked terminal in my store to link it to this site. Maybe in the future I will do that you show others that they could wake up to a fire, you argument may even help me to boost sales in the end, thanks.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
I see. Evga does have one but I'm guessing it is custom design only they can order. http://www.evga.com/articles/01051/evga-powerlink/
The Powerlink does not use PCB-mount headers, it uses full-size plugs with the wire crimps replaced with custom 'unitary spade' connectors that join to internal rails.

The issue is that there isn't board-mount Mini Fit Jr. connectors with female terminals.
They exist, the trouble is tracking them down with the correct number of pins, and keyed correctly for PEG. If you have a MOQ of several tens or hundreds of thousand you could probably call up Molex and get them, but otherwise you're reliant on some other manufacturer having the same requirement, and surplus stock making its way to resale.