Modding Xbox One RF board to power on PC

PunchingBagz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Does anyone here have any experience modding the Xbox One? I'm in the finishing stages of building a PC in my old enclosure, but I've been unable to find much online on how to mess with the RF board. I have kept tabs on similar mods with the 360, though I'm unsure how similar the two consoles really are in this regard.

Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd much rather repurpose the touch button to work with my PC than insert a new power button on the side :)

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I re-watched the teardown and it looks like:

1) The buttons on the front are attached to the RF Board (which also has a connection to the Wifi module that is outside the RF cage) via a ribbon cable. Dunno if these buttons can be removed from the plastic case.
2) There are apparently unpopulated switch pads on the motherboard (see here around 14:20) if that doesn't work out.

PunchingBagz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for suggesting the vid.

The "buttons" are actually touch-sensor based, not physical. Hence why just wiring them directly wasn't an option. If I were modding an Xbone S, that would've been a different story.

I also went and skimmed through Ben's mod videos with the same console. He did seem to rewire switch pads on the RF board directly to the Xbone's motherboard, though he did not go over that process in-depth. If only there were a connector diagram somewhere...