Modding G-Unique 12 pin to a different connector

Revamp

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
I recently received my g-unique psu by @guryhwa with the ultimate power brick with the 12 pin connection from both the internal psu and the brick.
I just noticed @Josh | NFC sells the c8 connector that seamlessly mounts to the skyreach 4.

I live in the US so I have 110v outlets, and I'm running a GTX 1080, 8700k, 32gb ram, 2x 1tb m.2 drives. According to my ups with the PC plugged into the backup side I am drawing around 265watts with my undervolt so I'll say 300w to be semi-generous.

Is there another type of connector that can handle this load, that will seamlessly mount to the skyreach4 mounting slots, and that I can solder on to replace the 12pin connectors?

Is there anything I am missing that would force me to directly use the 12pins as far as power draw limitations regarding the g-unique unit and the power brick?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
XT series of banana plugs type. You need at least XT50. You can use other high quality bullet or banana plugs connectors, just check for the specs for it to handle high current.

Reactions: SeñorDonut