Power Supply G-Unique Cooling? Possible mod?

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Hey SFF forum, I'm planning my first tiny build but I've got a concern. I'm planning on building using a 1080ti mini and so I plan on going with the G-Unique 450W unit. My concern is that I have read that the power brick it uses runs very hot. So, I was wondering if any of you very creative people on this forum have devised any sort of active cooling modification for the brick or if it doesn't even run that hot in the first place and I have been misinformed.

DanT

Average Stuffer
Feb 6, 2018
Hey SFF forum, I'm planning my first tiny build but I've got a concern. I'm planning on building using a 1080ti mini and so I plan on going with the G-Unique 450W unit. My concern is that I have read that the power brick it uses runs very hot. So, I was wondering if any of you very creative people on this forum have devised any sort of active cooling modification for the brick or if it doesn't even run that hot in the first place and I have been misinformed.
You can ask Gury to add in couple fans with an extra charge to help to cool the brick. I owned a 500W brick with fans which it didn't get "very hot" as you mention. It did get hot while gaming and such, however, you can touch the brick without getting burn.

Hope this help.

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
You can ask Gury to add in couple fans with an extra charge to help to cool the brick. I owned a 500W brick with fans which it didn't get "very hot" as you mention. It did get hot while gaming and such, however, you can touch the brick without getting burn.

Hope this help.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Hope this help.

Is that an XT90 connector? thats what I use on RC cars and planes.