Metallicgear neo mini build

decimusbell

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
HI all just the start of the project- this will take me a while.
but got the case today, its available in the uk- and am very happy with it.Happy to answer any questions about it.
installed 2x 140mm fans in the front and moved the 120mm provided fan to the rear.
added a Samsung ssd.
will be adding asus motherboard, i5 and corsair psu shortly.
Maybe not quite sff but it suits me

Reactions: el01

Dynamite

Trash Compacter
Apr 20, 2018
HI all just the start of the project- this will take me a while.
but got the case today, its available in the uk- and am very happy with it.Happy to answer any questions about it.
installed 2x 140mm fans in the front and moved the 120mm provided fan to the rear.
added a Samsung ssd.
will be adding asus motherboard, i5 and corsair psu shortly.
Maybe not quite sff but it suits me

I've been thinking about moving my build to the same case (in silver). Personally I think the case looks gorgeous, the footprint is still pretty small (although volume is >20L), and the design seems very flexible to accommodate a variety of hardware. Over the years, I've found that I value silent gaming performance over absolute case volume.

When you're working on your build, can you take some pics of the clearance between the front 140mm fans and the side-mounted 240mm radiator? I'm considering going in the same direction but I want to make sure everything will fit. Looking forward to seeing this come together!

decimusbell

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
will do- although this will take a while as i haven't got all the bits yet. I really wanted something small. but this thing will be on all day. so i need something quiet and cool.
In terms of the rad, there looks like plenty of room as its set back a little due to the depth of the case. Is is a wonderful little case.
plan is front intake, side exhaust for cpu and rear exhaust. so i definitely dont want the intake fans to go straight out the side again.

Boganator

Chassis Packer
Sep 23, 2018
I've been looking at this case as well, and I really like the way it looks. The one area I'm concerned about is how good the airflow is.

aCyg

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 24, 2018
Is it compatible with two 240mm rads + fans or one 120mm in front plus one 240mm on side? Because the Mini G doesn't have a 120mm mount in the back. Thanks

Last edited:

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Is it compatible with two 240mm rads + fans or one 120mm in front plus one 240mm on side? Because the Mini G doesn't have a 120mm mount in the back. Thanks

I literally sent MetallicGear a message about this a couple of weeks ago but no response.
Would love to know which way the 120 mounts are offset in the front when using the 120/240 as opposed to the 140/280.

I was considering it in place of my current ncase.

aCyg

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 24, 2018
I literally sent MetallicGear a message about this a couple of weeks ago but no response.
Would love to know which way the 120 mounts are offset in the front when using the 120/240 as opposed to the 140/280.

I was considering it in place of my current ncase.

Lol. I did the same recently. Guess I should stop expecting a reply. Probably will go with the non G Mini to be safe.