Log Is it an Xbox Series S? No! It's a 4.19L modded K29 PC! (Lots of pics)

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
I just got the same cooler ! It really is pretty

I haven’t actually used it yet, of course, because I have to drill out a stock backplate or cut the TR backplate, to make it fit!
Of course! loll

No joke, I was happy that the TR backplate was thin enough to fit my K29!!! It's super pretty, hopefully it works well in my build!

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
So I tried playing for a couple hours today and with the new Thermalright 53mm CPU cooler, I won't need to hack up a larger fan, because the additional height allows airflow to clear the ram sticks and move enough air to keep temperatures in check!

Here's an overview of the temps, voltage and clocks of my A2000 running in it:

As for the CPU, temps are reasonable, they stay under 70C most of the time, and case temperatures do creep in the low 50s, but I know it's safe as air is slowly moving constantly. My NVME is the hottest component, because of its placement, it reached 65C at one point, but there isn't much I can do about it and my SSD reached 39C, which is pretty fine.

On light loads, like browsing the web and watching youtube and stuff like that, temps are very low and the PC is basically silent.

One thing to note is in the process of playing with my builds, I changed the CPU in this one. Instead of the i5-11400, there's an i5-10600K currently. I got one for 100$CAD from a local seller, which feels to me like a very nice price. It's basically the same performance with very little differences. I now have a second LGA 1200 CPU for that other motherboard I have in stock.

That's it for now!

Reactions: Arboreal

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
So I tried playing for a couple hours today and with the new Thermalright 53mm CPU cooler, I won't need to hack up a larger fan, because the additional height allows airflow to clear the ram sticks and move enough air to keep temperatures in check!

Here's an overview of the temps, voltage and clocks of my A2000 running in it:

As for the CPU, temps are reasonable, they stay under 70C most of the time, and case temperatures do creep in the low 50s, but I know it's safe as air is slowly moving constantly. My NVME is the hottest component, because of its placement, it reached 65C at one point, but there isn't much I can do about it and my SSD reached 39C, which is pretty fine.

On light loads, like browsing the web and watching youtube and stuff like that, temps are very low and the PC is basically silent.

One thing to note is in the process of playing with my builds, I changed the CPU in this one. Instead of the i5-11400, there's an i5-10600K currently. I got one for 100$CAD from a local seller, which feels to me like a very nice price. It's basically the same performance with very little differences. I now have a second LGA 1200 CPU for that other motherboard I have in stock.

That's it for now!
Wow either your A2000 likes getting spicy or has a kink for low airflow, or I won the silicon lottery. What's the V/F curve like on that beasty?
Also feel free to spin up the GDDR6 higher if you want, mine runs at +2000MHz when full power or +1500MHz in my more efficient modes. (Oh wait, that only applies if shunt-modded, if not please ignore!)

• Wow
Reactions: princess_daphie

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Oh, sure, here's my curve, I remember I had weird issues before when running a fully flat curve, so I just flatten the curve at the point I want it to.

And I haven't shunt-modded mine, I'm not ready to do that kind of mod on such a tiny card jam-packed with microscopic components I could swipe off with my iron easily, especially now that I've got some health issues that make it so I have no precise dexterity.

Wow either your A2000 likes getting spicy or has a kink for low airflow, or I won the silicon lottery.
What did you mean by that? That my card runs hot? If that's what you meant, it's not surprising, as my case is pretty restrictive. It has intake vents at the bottom, where the GPU is, but that's it. If I remember well, it fared better in my previous build, the modded Goodisory A02, where the top fans would suck up all the hot air out of the case immediately, whereas in this build, hot air has to come out naturally. The A2000 probably receives a good deal of residual heat from the CPU and PSU.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Oh, sure, here's my curve, I remember I had weird issues before when running a fully flat curve, so I just flatten the curve at the point I want it to.

And I haven't shunt-modded mine, I'm not ready to do that kind of mod on such a tiny card jam-packed with microscopic components I could swipe off with my iron easily, especially now that I've got some health issues that make it so I have no precise dexterity.

What did you mean by that? That my card runs hot? If that's what you meant, it's not surprising, as my case is pretty restrictive. It has intake vents at the bottom, where the GPU is, but that's it. If I remember well, it fared better in my previous build, the modded Goodisory A02, where the top fans would suck up all the hot air out of the case immediately, whereas in this build, hot air has to come out naturally. The A2000 probably receives a good deal of residual heat from the CPU and PSU.
Good point. I realised my benchmark runs where the temps were <70C were open air, not exactly a fair comparison!

Totally understand the caution with modding, especially given they’re harder to source these days now the ex-mining sales seem to have started drying up :(

My curve is very similar to yours except mine flattens at 843mV and ~1850MHz because I have the extra headroom for it.

::EDIT:: Similarly it’s a bit of a double-edged sword overclocking the VRAM when stuck with 70W limit, seems like you’ve got a good balance. :)

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Good point. I realised my benchmark runs where the temps were <70C were open air, not exactly a fair comparison!
Hahaha, yeah, when I ran my A2000 on a bench, it ran very cool too!

Totally understand the caution with modding, especially given they’re harder to source these days now the ex-mining sales seem to have started drying up :(

My curve is very similar to yours except mine flattens at 843mV and ~1850MHz because I have the extra headroom for it.
That's definitely a lot out of this little card!

::EDIT:: Similarly it’s a bit of a double-edged sword overclocking the VRAM when stuck with 70W limit, seems like you’ve got a good balance. :)
Yeah, I read about that, that's why I didn't wanna push things. I've been quite unlucky with overclocking anyways, haha, and I'm a bit frisky about it, since I hate instability.

Just with my other build I ran for a while recently, with the Quadro M4000 I bought, I didn't manage to overclock it to 1100mhz+, which is normally quite easy. For some reason, my card just won't cooperate, LOL. ~1025mhz it is. It's still a nice bump from 772mhz! And I also added a 200mhz on the memory for that one. In that card's case, I have to make a modified VBIOS every time though. A bit less handy than using MSI Afterburner, lol

Reactions: SFFMunkee

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
So you were right, I still had a bit of leeway, @SFFMunkee , I managed to eek out a bit more out of my A2000, but it's now very close to its thermal and power limit, it sometimes throttles a little, but it's most of the time around 1500+ mhz and i added 325mhz on the memory. I'll keep tweaking those over time I guess!

Reactions: SFFMunkee

tremendoza

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 30, 2020
I stumbled across this thread while searching for a 3D print or model of my favorite ITX case so far, the SharGwa K29 that I bought on amazon. I moded mine as well about 7-8 months and got a lot in there too though the extent of mine might be a little more hands on. i5 12400F, 16GB DDR4 3600 and a PNY XLR8 RTX 3060, RGB, Internal Xbox One Controller Adapter, IR Sensor...

Take a look : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rMpykfLZn-U?feature=share

I've never used any type of cad software and I really don't have much time to spend learning but I'd love a plastic version of this case that I can modify to recreate what I did with mine. Metal is hindrance since I included an internal Xbox Controller Adapter and sync button but the metal affects the signal really badly. I've tried extending the antenna outside of the case but it doesnt help, maybe I'm doing it wrong. Anyways, If anybody here can, I'm willing to send out a case for the purpose of creating a model that can be 3D printed 🙂.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
I stumbled across this thread while searching for a 3D print or model of my favorite ITX case so far, the SharGwa K29 that I bought on amazon. I moded mine as well about 7-8 months and got a lot in there too though the extent of mine might be a little more hands on. i5 12400F, 16GB DDR4 3600 and a PNY XLR8 RTX 3060, RGB, Internal Xbox One Controller Adapter, IR Sensor...

Take a look : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rMpykfLZn-U?feature=share

I've never used any type of cad software and I really don't have much time to spend learning but I'd love a plastic version of this case that I can modify to recreate what I did with mine. Metal is hindrance since I included an internal Xbox Controller Adapter and sync button but the metal affects the signal really badly. I've tried extending the antenna outside of the case but it doesnt help, maybe I'm doing it wrong. Anyways, If anybody here can, I'm willing to send out a case for the purpose of creating a model that can be 3D printed 🙂.
Shorts suck LOL but I managed to see it a bit. I see you've fitted a full height card in there by going more custom! Nice mods and nice build :)

I don't mind so much RGB though, which is why I don't have any in mine, plus I'm using the metal panel for a cleaner look. The acrylic one is still unpeeled in the box, haha!

As for your antenna issue, my best guess is that it might be the actual components in your case that's causing interference and not the antenna being the problem. That's why external dongles are often better, and the further away from the PC the better. Also, it's not your case, but when I had a build without an IO shield once for testing purposes, range was worse too. Maybe you could isolate the actual dongle with aluminum foil and keep your extended antenna going outside? I dunno, it's an idea.

Reactions: tremendoza