MATX air cooled gaming rig

Waynio

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
1 more of it in use in natural lighting.

Reactions: PlayfulPhoenix

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Looks great! Did you think about lighting up the acrylic from inside the case? I mean it's a bit late for that now, you'd have to disassemble everything, frost the acrylic and then put LEDs inside, but I think it would make the case look even better.

Waynio

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Nice, well done ! Painting the fans helped the build IMO.
Thanks guys. :)

Looks great! Did you think about lighting up the acrylic from inside the case? I mean it's a bit late for that now, you'd have to disassemble everything, frost the acrylic and then put LEDs inside, but I think it would make the case look even better.
I did consider it along with cutting some pattern into the curve piece so the light comes through but figured it might have been a bit tacky. :D

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Indeed.

Waynio was a member way back when LOSIAS.net was a thing, contributing to the forums massively. When we moved to SFFreview.com, he followed, and continued to enlighten us with his magnificent craftsmanship and brilliant ideas.

I've always been intrigued to see what he would come up with next - be it metal staining (I didn't even know that was a thing!), custom fan shrouds, or anything else only someone with amazing creativity would come up with.

We've lost one of the greats, but I'm sure he's in a better place, along with the other fallen modders, building impossible systems with unimaginable materials.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
That is so sad to hear. He truly was one of those guys with an endless supply of ideas and the skill to make them reality. May he rest in peace or mod on for eternity in heaven.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
A truly great loss indeed. As John mentioned above, he was a valued member of Losias and subsequently SFFr. He was always willing to talk modding, and answered any and all questions asked of him. He was one of my all time favorites, and the modding world will definitely miss him.