Log Mac Pro Nano : SFF Waterlooped Bifurcation Hackintosh

Sony

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jun 2, 2021
For the Lulz. no seriously but i want to build something like this while waiting for all the parts in which are hard to come by these days especially the GPU

Parts already in hand:-

1. Casing ZZAW b1 (9.84liter if your measured the internal)
2. RX5700 XT (waiting for Radeon Vii - waterblocked to reduce length and thickness for bifurcation by removing fan and heatsink)
3. RTX3060 (waiting for RTX3080- waterblocked to reduce length and thickness for bifurcation by removing fan and heatsink)
4. i7-10700 (waiting for i9-10850K) or future 11 Gen with 10 cores - Had to go with intel for Hackintosh according to Dortania Opencore Guide
5. Asrock Z490 ITX/TB3 (waiting for Z590 ITX/TB4) only asrock making ITX mobo able to split 16X PCIE to 2 8X Bifurcation
6. Some cheap 3600 Mhz x 2 32 GB RAM sticks and BCM wifi card for handoff, airdrop, continuity, sidecar to work in Mac.
7. Syscooling liquid loop kit from China that come with CPU Reservoir Pump combo, radiator etc and one fits all GPU block (EKWB is too expensive)

And that pretty much it with on the cheap in mind.

Foreseen challenges and overcome:-

1. Thermal throttle - The system is custom water-looped, even with small radiator, reservoir is added for extra liquid in the loop.
2. Fanless radiator - The enclosure is air tight to create negative pressure by sucking in the cool air only from bottom for radiator fins cooling and releasing any hot air trapped in the casing up via dual fans on top. This will create one way air flow naturally. PSU fan also sucking in air in the middle of the case and blowing it up. Physic 101
3. Negative pressure accumulate dust - dust filter installed on the bottom of the case.
4. Nvidia card doesn't work with Mac - Thats when Bifurcation saves the day, not only to fit 2 GPUs in a small case but also cater for AMD GPU for the mac.
5. Useless Sextuple OS - my limited knowledge can only boot each OS installed in partition one at the time and virtual machine Windows in bootcamp's partition from Mac as of now. Need to brush up further for advance level linux VM to open multiple OS simultenously from their own partition and each with dedicated GPU passthrough. Only then i can mine multiple coins via multiple platform concurrently with Home Assistant running.

What do you think?

zk2004mb

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2020
For the Lulz. no seriously but i want to build something like this while waiting for all the parts in which are hard to come by these days especially the GPU

Parts already in hand:-

1. Casing ZZAW b1 (9.84liter if your measured the internal)
2. RX5700 XT (waiting for Radeon Vii - waterblocked to reduce length and thickness for bifurcation by removing fan and heatsink)
3. RTX3060 (waiting for RTX3080- waterblocked to reduce length and thickness for bifurcation by removing fan and heatsink)
4. i7-10700 (waiting for i9-10850K) or future 11 Gen with 10 cores - Had to go with intel for Hackintosh according to Dortania Opencore Guide
5. Asrock Z490 ITX/TB3 (waiting for Z590 ITX/TB4) only asrock making ITX mobo able to split 16X PCIE to 2 8X Bifurcation
6. Some cheap 3600 Mhz x 2 32 GB RAM sticks and BCM wifi card for handoff, airdrop, continuity, sidecar to work in Mac.
7. Syscooling liquid loop kit from China that come with CPU Reservoir Pump combo, radiator etc and one fits all GPU block (EKWB is too expensive)

And that pretty much it with on the cheap in mind.

Foreseen challenges and overcome:-

1. Thermal throttle - The system is custom water-looped, even with small radiator, reservoir is added for extra liquid in the loop.
2. Fanless radiator - The enclosure is air tight to create negative pressure by sucking in the cool air only from bottom for radiator fins cooling and releasing any hot air trapped in the casing up via dual fans on top. This will create one way air flow naturally. PSU fan also sucking in air in the middle of the case and blowing it up. Physic 101
3. Negative pressure accumulate dust - dust filter installed on the bottom of the case.
4. Nvidia card doesn't work with Mac - Thats when Bifurcation saves the day, not only to fit 2 GPUs in a small case but also cater for AMD GPU for the mac.
5. Useless Sextuple OS - my limited knowledge can only boot each OS installed in partition one at the time and virtual machine Windows in bootcamp's partition from Mac as of now. Need to brush up further for advance level linux VM to open multiple OS simultenously from their own partition and each with dedicated GPU passthrough. Only then i can mine multiple coins via multiple platform concurrently with Home Assistant running.

What do you think?
My suggestions:
1. Intel is not a must. AMD is totally fine. I'm running my 3900x hackintosh. But if VM is your priority then go with intel.
2. If you want Hackintosh with decent GPU, you probably want to think about 6800xt/6900xt. Bifurcation for 2 GPU will take a lot internal space.