Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

jaro

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018
Officially known as M2427. Pronounced twenty four "to" seven.

Expected list price per unit is about $40, supporting Corsair SF series. Available with short GPU and CPU cables as a kit for $50.

Just to confirm, this will technically support Corsair Type 4 - 24-pin ATX ?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Yes.

I'm not up to snuff on the types, and which psu uses what. The corsair sf series vastly out numbers all the other ones.

Would it be possible to get it working with silverstone PSUs with a little modding?

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Jun 26, 2019
Nice project ..... what's the input voltage? .... is 12v rail separated like no dc-dc conversion on 12v rail .... just connected to motherboard after some safety & ripple filter ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Nice project ..... what's the input voltage? .... is 12v rail separated like no dc-dc conversion on 12v rail .... just connected to motherboard after some safety & ripple filter ?

12V input. It is straight for the PSU so whatever comes out is what motherboard receives. Other rails, 5v and 3.3v and generated off the input 12V. The other wires are for input/controls.

Reactions: graphichasan

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Jun 26, 2019
12V input. It is straight for the PSU so whatever comes out is what motherboard receives. Other rails, 5v and 3.3v and generated off the input 12V. The other wires are for input/controls.

Awesome .... then it should be capable of 800W without any hiccup .... as long as your mosfet goes .... & should be vary affordable ....
You even batter utilized my idea .... so I am closing it ...

Project Thindercreck | 800W capable Hdplex alternative with pico-psu adopter

now let us make a capable brick for your capable psu at Project Thindercreck | Do you think designing an active cooled ac-dc brick is worthless ?

Project Thindercreck
Project Thindercreck | Do you think designing an active cooled ac-dc brick is worthless ?
Project Thindercreck | Mini 6L awsome workstation for everyone

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Awesome .... then it should be capable of 800W without any hiccup .... as long as your mosfet goes .... & should be vary affordable ....
You even batter utilized my idea .... so I am closing it ...

Project Thindercreck | 800W capable Hdplex alternative with pico-psu adopter

now let us make a capable brick for your capable psu at Project Thindercreck | Do you think designing an active cooled ac-dc brick is worthless ?

Project Thindercreck
Project Thindercreck | Do you think designing an active cooled ac-dc brick is worthless ?
Project Thindercreck | Mini 6L awsome workstation for everyone

You don't need any additional mosfets. It uses the MW onboard standby feature, same as ATX PSU.

Reactions: graphichasan

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Jun 26, 2019
You don't need any additional mosfets. It uses the MW onboard standby feature, same as ATX PSU.

Mosfet for Reverse Polarity Protection & ripple filter inside your unit .... as some industrial unit is vary bad at controlling ripple ... anyway we can do it on psu .... 800W should be your psu's main selling point ... compared to hdplex 400W only & too costly ...

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Can't quite believe I've missed this project up until now, and I just have to chime in and say it's fantastic that someone is actually making a unit like this. This is absolutely fantastic. Period. I just hope there at one point will be a version with slightly longer (unterminated) cables for more custom implementations/other PSU series and cases.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Can't quite believe I've missed this project up until now, and I just have to chime in and say it's fantastic that someone is actually making a unit like this. This is absolutely fantastic. Period. I just hope there at one point will be a version with slightly longer (unterminated) cables for more custom implementations/other PSU series and cases.

That is certainly available for the next iteration.

At of this time, I am out of funds funding this project and a couple others. So... spread the word!

Product page here: https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=j-hack-m2427-for-corsair-sf-series

Expected release date is late September.

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Sounds great! IMO this is the kind of solution we need to be able to finally bring the ATX standard beyond the entirely unnecessary 24-pin cable. If Intel gets off their ass and moves to a pure 12V or 12V+5VSB standard, adapters like these would make new PSUs compatible with 20 years of motherboards - and we could finally be rid of it. And of course in the opposite direction all that would be necessary would be an adapter cable. Now we just need to get these out there and start lobbying Intel to kill the 24-pin :D

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017

At of this time, I am out of funds funding this project and a couple others. So... spread the word!

Product page here: https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=j-hack-m2427-for-corsair-sf-series

Expected release date is late September.
This page mentions compatibility with the Corsair SF series. Does this just mean that the wires are terminated to a 24 pin plug that fits the SF series modular connector layout? If I was to buy this, and either re-terminate it, or re-solder/place the wires entirely, I could make it compatible with my FlexATX supply, right? (Forgoing any support or help, of course!)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This page mentions compatibility with the Corsair SF series. Does this just mean that the wires are terminated to a 24 pin plug that fits the SF series modular connector layout? If I was to buy this, and either re-terminate it, or re-solder/place the wires entirely, I could make it compatible with my FlexATX supply, right? (Forgoing any support or help, of course!)
Yes.

Reactions: InfernoZeus