Looking for the Perfect Case

Isometricy

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 29, 2017
Requirements:
- m-itx
- less than 10L
- M.2 storage only (or minimal amount of space used by 2,5" bays)
- SFX or similarily small PSU formfactor, bricks are fine
- No DVD drive
- 275mm GPU clearance (I own a gtx980 and would lose a lot of money buying a 1070 mini)
- Somewhat good build quality
- Available in Germany
- Available within the next few weeks
- Less than 300$
- Minimalistic design:
- No flashy or big logos
- No neonlike accents
- No racecar-inspired, crazy ventilation designs
Thank your for reading this and I hope that someone can help me here!
Strong favourite: Zaber Sentry
BUT not available until July or even later
- Iso

Isometricy

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 29, 2017
I did some quite extensive research before asking this forum and have looked at the node and its competitors (like the RV02 or the ML08, Dan Cases a4sfx, ncases) that are somewhat popular... What I was looking for when I asked here are the kinds of cases that have production runs of 5 units and some would say are "under the radar".
The problem that I have with the Node is that I really dislike the design.
- Horizontal logo on a case that is meant to also be used in a vertical position (which I will be doing)
- Glossy plastic at the front I/O (I thoroughly hate glossy plastic; It's a symbol of bad quality to me)
- 3L bigger than the sentry, missing its's slickness
For these reasons it is to me a compromise that I'm not willing to take.

Reactions: SeñorDonut
Mar 6, 2017
I did some quite extensive research before asking this forum and have looked at the node and its competitors (like the RV02 or the ML08, Dan Cases a4sfx, ncases) that are somewhat popular... What I was looking for when I asked here are the kinds of cases that have production runs of 5 units and some would say are "under the radar".
The problem that I have with the Node is that I really dislike the design.
- Horizontal logo on a case that is meant to also be used in a vertical position (which I will be doing)
- Glossy plastic at the front I/O (I thoroughly hate glossy plastic; It's a symbol of bad quality to me)
- 3L bigger than the sentry, missing its's slickness
For these reasons it is to me a compromise that I'm not willing to take.

If you want, if my project turns out to work, I can make one for you. The watercooling could push the price past $300 depending on what parts you use though.

Isometricy

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 29, 2017
There is also my case project skuld that, prototype should be ready tomorrow and the next batch would be aluminum framed
Wow, that Is a very nice case. One weak point aside from its kinda hefty pricing at 230$ with the sentry was its weight at like 7kg because it's made of steel whereas your aluminium costruction is most likely around 4kg, right? I like the design and for me it's now a question of wheater your case or the sentry is available first. What price range are you going for btw?

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
Wow, that Is a very nice case. One weak point aside from its kinda hefty pricing at 230$ with the sentry was its weight at like 7kg because it's made of steel whereas your aluminium costruction is most likely around 4kg, right? I like the design and for me it's now a question of wheater your case or the sentry is available first. What price range are you going for btw?

thanks for the compliment!

For this small aluminum production run I'm aiming for U$ 180.

The parts are all going to be CNCed, this should give a much more refined finish.

For the latter productions I would go with steel, or if it comes to it, aluminum.

The case weight should be around 2-3kg, I believe. I'm really guesstimating here. Because the panels that I'm aiming for are the 2mm thick ones, alloy 5052 to be precise. So quality naval aluminum.