Advice Lian Li TU150 - Monster custom loop with brass tubing - need help

Ging Senpai

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Dec 24, 2020
Hi everyone !
I am about to build a triple rad (1x240 + 2x120) - both cpu & gpu water cooled - 120 EK FLT distro/pump combo - custom loop with brass tubing - in a Lian Li TU150
I have already bought everything besides, my rads, my gpu and cpu block ans some fittings

I might need help for :
1. Finding the best way to bend 5/8" brass tubing with the lower bend radius possible
2. Choosing the best cpu/gpu block for my 6800xt
3. Finding a XSPC TX240 ultrathin rad (NO CROSSFLOW) - It's the only rad that will fit at the bottom & it is sold out every where (or waiting for supply with a false ETA that keeps on postponing

Thanks in advance ! I'll keep you posted with nice pix once I start building

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Hi,
1. I have no experience here, but I've read that brass is harder to bend than copper. I would suggest using pre-bent pieces and fittings to make the runs.
2. I'm not really impressed by any of the available options for 6800xt blocks. That being said, I guess EK... is... your... best... option.
3. I've been watching stock of the TX240 for the past several months. I've seen nothing available in the US for quite some time.

D

Deleted member 23607

Metal tubing!?!?

Maybe only use straight runs and angled fittings? It'll cost much more but it's massively easier.

Ging Senpai

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Dec 24, 2020
Hi,
1. I have no experience here, but I've read that brass is harder to bend than copper. I would suggest using pre-bent pieces and fittings to make the runs.
2. I'm not really impressed by any of the available options for 6800xt blocks. That being said, I guess EK... is... your... best... option.
3. I've been watching stock of the TX240 for the past several months. I've seen nothing available in the US for quite some time.
I have a friend who works as a plumber, he told me that brass is easy to bend, so much that if you bend to hard or to fast the brass will tear it self like paper.

Alright, that what thought. EK...

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Take a look at this build that showed up on Reddit yesterday. Brass hardline tubing with angled fittings. Thing looks pretty damn good to me.