Lian Li PC-05s Custom Loop

cfortney

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
www.chrisfortney.com

This build took me longer than I'd like to even admit, but I'm happy to finally show it off in its mostly complete state! It started out with a Swiftech H220-x loop, but there were too many issues with the used unit I bought and I had to ditch it. Eventually I went full custom, with a Swiftech MCP35 and MCRES Micro Rev2 stuffed behind the motherboard. A lot of people told me this build was stupid given that I'm running the CPU and GPU off a single 240mm radiator, but Temps are good!

Lian Li PC-05s
GPU and CPU hit ~70c max under load
CPU block from H220x
7700k @ 4.6ghz, delidded with liquid metal
16gb DDR4-3200
Heatkiller IV GPU block
GTX 1080 @ 2100mhz

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018
great build! Always like the lian li PC O cases, looks like a display piece. Do you put any fan behind the mobo? Or you used that space for your mcres micro rev2 res?

cfortney

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
www.chrisfortney.com
great build! Always like the lian li PC O cases, looks like a display piece. Do you put any fan behind the mobo? Or you used that space for your mcres micro rev2 res?

No space for it back there with the pump and res! In fact they barely fit, so the back panel is sort of bulging out a little bit, and the MCP35x-2 doesn't like being squished - it makes it pretty noisy. I'll probably need to dremel the tray that separated the front and the back and cut it out more so that the pump can be sort of centered between the front and back parts of the case. And then I'll need some mounting system to hold it there, maybe a 3D printed vertical stand.

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
I bought a PC-O6S, love seeing the 5 or the 7 in different builds! I hope my dream of using a Threadripper and a Vega 64 is cool-able by a 320mm radiator though... Not so SFF since Threadripper is at best mATX, but oh well :)