Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

Dragon7

Cable Smoosher
Aug 4, 2018
It turned out the case is semi-transparent and LED strips shine nicely from inside.

Kdrs0122

Caliper Novice
Aug 28, 2018
It turned out the case is semi-transparent and LED strips shine nicely from inside.
When you get a chance could you post a pic of how you mounted the LED strip please? I've been trying get a Phanteks Halo fan frame to fit in mine with no luck so far, so I might try this.

Dragon7

Cable Smoosher
Aug 4, 2018
When you get a chance could you post a pic of how you mounted the LED strip please? I've been trying get a Phanteks Halo fan frame to fit in mine with no luck so far, so I might try this.

It was indeed Phanteks Halo. That tiny led strip taken from Halo could be wrapped around Prolimatech 14mm fan inside the case.
Here is the foto:

Here are the other pics: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsBbt6

Last edited:

Kdrs0122

Caliper Novice
Aug 28, 2018
Ahh ok I see. I was trying to keep it on the fan instead of wrapping it around.

I'll try your way. Thanks!

Did you glue or tape it down or anything? Or is it just held there by tension?

Reactions: owliwar

Dragon7

Cable Smoosher
Aug 4, 2018
Ahh ok I see. I was trying to keep it on the fan instead of wrapping it aroundI'll try your way. Thanks!
Did you glue or tape it down or anything? Or is it just held there by tension?

Aha, that's what you did! Mine holds in place just "by tension"
Those tiny leds look cute without that white diffuser.

Now it's tempting to glue them outside, around the case. They are white and will blend with the same color of the case.
Already tried that, looks really joyful )
The only problem, Asrock uses PWM to drive LEDs, so they flicker. Though, not all colors and not always.

Ra1d

What's an ITX?
Jan 24, 2019
Hello, I was wondering if anyone ordered directly from the Lazer3d.com website and not overclockers ? Do they send you an e-mail when the item ships ? It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard a word from them, I know that it says that when ordering directly from them and not overclockers it might take up to 3 weeks(which is fine with me), but I just wanted to check an order status, sent them an e-mail through both contact us on the website and directly from the gmail app, and it's been 3 business days and no one replied.

Thanks.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hello, I was wondering if anyone ordered directly from the Lazer3d.com website and not overclockers ? Do they send you an e-mail when the item ships ? It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard a word from them, I know that it says that when ordering directly from them and not overclockers it might take up to 3 weeks(which is fine with me), but I just wanted to check an order status, sent them an e-mail through both contact us on the website and directly from the gmail app, and it's been 3 business days and no one replied.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for ordering an LZ7. I have replied to both your messages, one yesterday and the other this morning. Sorry if they have not come through, please check your junk mail folder.

Your order is currently in production and expected to ship early next week, you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information as soon as it ships.

Reactions: Ra1d

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
so I ordered it, just received it and in short it does not fit :(

if I screw the left panel (slotted) all the way, the fan hits it in the middle, it'd need 1mm additional clearance.

I'd like not to return it, because the card is nicely built, so right now i'm looking for an alternative solution, might buy an open left panel.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
so I ordered it, just received it and in short it does not fit :(

if I screw the left panel (slotted) all the way, the fan hits it in the middle, it'd need 1mm additional clearance.

I'd like not to return it, because the card is nicely built, so right now i'm looking for an alternative solution, might buy an open left panel.

Thanks for reporting this, that is a real shame. Its seems even the new generation of small cards are growing in size.

Your suggestion of the open left panel with a fan guard should give the extra clearance required.

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
yeah,let's see the bright side, an order could be the occasion to switch to a vandal right panel as well !
About that, is it possible to transform a front right corner full I/O into a column one ? (just by cutting all protrusion)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
yeah,let's see the bright side, an order could be the occasion to switch to a vandal right panel as well !
About that, is it possible to transform a front right corner full I/O into a column one ? (just by cutting all protrusion)

I guess that would be possible, it may end up being a bit messy and would be an expensive mod to make!

By the way, I've been examining photos of the MSI Aero ITX 1070 and 2070's, they "look" to be about the same thickness, in terms of the shroud does not look like it sticks out beyond the bracket on either card.

Could it be that something is pushing on the GPU from inside the case so that it is leaning toward the GPU side panel? i.e. is the PCIe power cable putting some sideways force onto the card or anything like that?

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
yes some cable could push as it's all tight in here, and I didn't arrange differently than with my EVGA 1060 which is slimmer. I'll open again in the afternoon after my pubg session, to tidy things a bit, maybe it'll suffice.

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
yes some cable could push as it's all tight in here, and I didn't arrange differently than with my EVGA 1060 which is slimmer. I'll open again in the afternoon after my pubg session, to tidy things a bit, maybe it'll suffice.
Thanks, please report back if you have any luck.

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
well, rerouting was enough !
switching to M2 & vandal would help further decrease the pack of wires next to psu that inevitably creates some panel bending.

anyways : MSI 2070 ITX confirmed fitting

Reactions: K888D and Legion

Theflathead

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 5, 2017
my motherboard doesn't have an RGB header - what's the best way to add LEDs to the inside of the case?
Any recommendations for a led strip, or slim 140 mm fan with LED?

Reactions: K888D

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
my motherboard doesn't have an RGB header - what's the best way to add LEDs to the inside of the case?
Any recommendations for a led strip, or slim 140 mm fan with LED?

Easiest way to add and control the RGB on a fan would be:
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/neue-produkte/22186/alphacool-aurora-led-rgb-controller-kompakt

Sure it has no software, but it's dirt cheap as far as RGB controllers go.

Next up is: https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/water-...049/aquacomputer-farbwerk-usb-aquabus-version

It's very compact and works well in confined spaces such as SFF cases.
Controllable via phone app or pc software.

Then you move up to the more expensive PC centric RGB controllers such as those from Corsair and Thermaltake.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-LINK/CORSAIR-Commander-PRO/p/CL-9011110-WW

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...INK/CORSAIR-Lighting-Node-PRO/p/CL-9011109-WW

https://www.thermaltake.com/Cooler/...Sync_Controller_TT_Premium_Edition/design.htm

RGB strips are whatever you fancy, and make sure you get the right voltage for the controller for the strips you plan to use.(same applies to fans)
5v= 3pin RGB
12v= 4pin RGB

Ordinary LED strips (non RGB) just use molex, sata power or even fan headers and do not require a controller.
If you just decide you want an RGB strip kit (without RGB fans), there are 100's of dirt cheap ones on amazon and ebay that come with their own remote controls and do not require a PC RGB controller.

All depends on budget what you are trying to achieve with your lighting.

As far as I know, there are no 120 or140mm slim RGB fans out there at all.
The only slim 140mm LED fan I've ever seen is:
https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002611
@K888D might know some more;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vensdale and K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com