Production Lazer3D HT5 - Low Profile APU Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
are dimensions on your site correct for this model? It says 350mm of depth, but judging by photos it seems to me unlikely, as miniITX is 170mm and there isn't so much space leftover in front of it... Am I wrong?

Sorry about that, those dimensions were of the shipping box. I've updated the page to show the actual case dimensions which are:

265 x 96 x 210 mm (5.3 Litres)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
This week has been spent finishing off the HT5 production, the first batch of cases are nearly ready for shipping to Overclockers hopefully early next week.

At what point we launch the case officially after this I am not sure but hopefully it will be in the next 2 weeks. I am currently waiting for the product manager to come back off holiday to arrange when the product pages and everything goes live.

In the meantime, here are some more photos of the HT5 Stealth:

The red glow comes from the LED strip attached to the underside of the Gigabyte B350 ITX motherboard, it works really well.

When switched off the HDPLEX board has a blue standby LED that switches on, this was quite a nice surprise to find out as it also works quite well:

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
Looking good, i'm still eagerly awaiting the launch! Any chance we could get some interior shots, preferably in a GPU/2x 80mm fan configuration?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Looking good, i'm still eagerly awaiting the launch! Any chance we could get some interior shots, preferably in a GPU/2x 80mm fan configuration?

I've got some photos of that configuration from the prototype cases, here is dual 80x25mm fan setup + dual slot LP GPU (EVGA 1050 Ti) setup:

Here is the same GPU with dual 80x15mm fans and DC-DC power board:

Dual Fans and HDPLEX DC-ATX setup:

Reactions: Phuncz and ebc92

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
How well does the HT5 travel? Seeing up there next to the Switch has me thinking. I have a Switch so I know that it's extremely portable. I am a bit worried seeing that the forward face of the HT5 is nearly the same footprint as the Switch but it's much thicker pushing toward the wall than the Switch.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hey guys, I have some exciting news!

The first batch of HT5's were delivered to Overclockers UK yesterday and we are now working towards a launch date of next Tuesday (16th October).

In the meantime here are some photos of the HT5 Graphite:

Next up are some shots of a Ryzen 2400G Brickless system with the Noctua NH-L12S.

This was a tough build due to the strange layout of the Gigabyte AM4 B350 motherboard. If you would like to go brickless I would recommend choosing a motherboard that has the 24pin power connector along the front edge of the board, this allows you to use a Direct Plug (Pico style) DC-DC power supply rather than a Board type like the HDPLEX HiFi DC-ATX:

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
I know this says "APU Case", but could the r9 nano fit in this case using an HD Plex 400W with an external powerbrick?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I know this says "APU Case", but could the r9 nano fit in this case using an HD Plex 400W with an external powerbrick?
It only fits low-profile cards. I suppose you could lay the nano atop the motherboard with a riser, but there'd be like 20mm for a CPU cooler in that case.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
HT5 AVAILABLE TO ORDER NOW!!

I am excited to announce that the Lazer3D HT5 is officially available to order from today. Cases are now in stock at Overclockers UK and available for immediate shipping.

Alternative top panels will be available to order separately from tomorrow (17th October) for those who may not want a window panel. Panel finishes available will be Clear Gloss, Smoked Gloss, Matte Black, Matte Grey and Matte White.

HOW TO ORDER

European and US customers please order from Overclockers UK through the links below.

HT5 Stealth £89.99 inc VAT
HT5 Graphite £94.99 inc VAT
HT5 Timber £94.99 inc VAT
HT5 Bourbon £99.95 inc VAT

For the full list countries that Overclockers can deliver to please see the spoiler below:

United Kingdom
United States
Ireland (republic)
Australia
Austria
Canada
Canary Islands, The
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Gibralter
Guernsey
Hungary
Iceland
Jersey
Kuwait
Leichenstein
Luxembourg
Monaco
Malta
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Romania
Sweden
Switzerland
United Arab Emirates

The rest of world can order direct with Lazer3D. Please note we make each case to order with a lead time of around 2 weeks + shipping.

https://www.lazer3d.com/product/ht5/

*Please note that Overclockers UK prices include 20% VAT which is only applicable to EU residents. VAT is deducted during checkout for those ordering from outside the EU.
Lazer3D prices by default exclude VAT, pricing is updated during checkout after your shipping destination is selected.

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Congrats on the launch! Pricing is very good and shipping is not too hateful to the US either. Wishing you many sales!

Reactions: K888D

Kandirma

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2017
Most certainly an attractive little case! Nice to see the price point being right there to meet the Chopin - which is probably the APU case I see recommended most often. While this does not include PSU I still think it will be a great recommendation - if not better given the hate the chopin PSU gets - for those builds without too jaring of a price tag, and certainly a prettier case to recommend for HTPC use cases.

I really can't state enough how great I think this case came out looking - even with the more subdued 'stealth' or 'graphite' I think the lines just came out looking really nice. Throw in the option for wood panels and I think this would look great in anyone's living room.

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Is there a final list of DC-ATX power supplies that are compatible with the side mounting holes?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this. The main side panel mounting points are suited for the HDPLEX 400w HiFi DC-ATX only.

However, there are 2 other slot in panels supplied with the case that provide a variety of mounting points that are spaced for mounting a variety of devices including different DC-DC power supplies.

Also I have put together a DC-DC power supply guide HERE. I still need to add more detail specific to both the HT5 and LZ7. If anyone spots any mistakes in this guide please let me know and I will get it corrected.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this. The main side panel mounting points are suited for the HDPLEX 400w HiFi DC-ATX only.

However, there are 2 other slot in panels supplied with the case that provide a variety of mounting points that are spaced for mounting a variety of devices including different DC-DC power supplies.

Also I have put together a DC-DC power supply guide HERE. I still need to add more detail specific to both the HT5 and LZ7. If anyone spots any mistakes in this guide please let me know and I will get it corrected.
Awesome write-up on the DC-DC power supplies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Community has really needed that for a while.

Reactions: TheHig and K888D

kerbastrar

Cable Smoosher
New User
Nov 19, 2017

Thanks for this! Looks like the hdplex would be the best one for me. One of those 160w picoPSUs feels like it would be cutting it too close with a dedicated card.

Last question: Is the Smoked Gloss top a see-through black?

Congrats on the launch! Pricing is very good and shipping is not too hateful to the US either. Wishing you many sales!
Shipping is $50 to the Eastern US for me, although the only shipping option it gives me is DHL Express Worldwide. Must be a bug on the Overclockers UK site, because I find it hard to believe that they would only offer next-day delivery

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Most certainly an attractive little case! Nice to see the price point being right there to meet the Chopin - which is probably the APU case I see recommended most often. While this does not include PSU I still think it will be a great recommendation - if not better given the hate the chopin PSU gets - for those builds without too jaring of a price tag, and certainly a prettier case to recommend for HTPC use cases.

I really can't state enough how great I think this case came out looking - even with the more subdued 'stealth' or 'graphite' I think the lines just came out looking really nice. Throw in the option for wood panels and I think this would look great in anyone's living room.

Wow thanks, do you want a job in marketing lol

Last question: Is the Smoked Gloss top a see-through black?

Yes that's right, it looks gloss black when assembled, but when held up to light you can see through it. It works nicely with RGB lighting.

Here are some photos of the Smoked Top Panel:

I'm so annoyed that you can see my arm in the smoked panel reflection, I didn't see it until I was editing the photos at which point it was too late as I needed to get these photos to Overclockers by this morning!

Link to full album:

Shipping is $50 to the Eastern US for me, although the only shipping option it gives me is DHL Express Worldwide. Must be a bug on the Overclockers UK site, because I find it hard to believe that they would only offer next-day delivery

I imagine it may be because they wanted to use a reliable service that they know will get there fast to keep customers happy. Something I've found is that using budget shipping services can result in many hours spent trying to track down parcels that appear to be lost but then magically turn up a few days later.

Reactions: Phuncz