SFF.Network KFA2/Galax Release their SNPR eGPU

At Computex this year, we previewed the GALAX SNPR eGPU, a GTX1060 based external graphics unit. To our disappointment though, Galax did not entertain our desire to inspect the internals of this unit. Finally, they have launched the SNPR eGPU to the world, and we finally get to see inside. Initially, we were unsure if this was a MXM, proprietary or discrete card unit, as the size of the SNPR eGPU didn't match any existing GALAX/KFA2 GPUs.

Read more here.

TehJerm

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jul 11, 2016
Actually a petite eGPU which includes what appears to be a single-slot, very short and regular height 1060. Nice, KFA2/Galax! (Now just sell the card seperate as well ;) )

Reactions: EdZ and Soul_Est

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
With the cooler, it'd be a dual slot card. However, a mini Katana would be amazeballs.

Reactions: Soul_Est

TehJerm

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jul 11, 2016
Agreed with both statements. (I get too excited every time I see something shrink somewhat). You could make it a 'true' single slot though if one got a custom block and such though?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
oh wow they look nice o_o

the Thunderbolt PCB looks very close to the dream of running an open-air external GPU, LOL

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
I don't understand how they did not manage to cram in a GTX 1070, when they managed to make the 1070 Katana.

But what frustrates me even more, is why they didn't make the case the same size as a normal ATX PSU (but instead had to make it a few millimiters wider and taller....). Would have been awesome if they thought about that too.